Fan created Spell Paths for OLD

The 'Struggling with spells' was getting rather long, so I thought I would get a fresh start. I have compiled the my spell paths into the attached PDF, sans flavor text {not my strong suit}.

Some thoughts on the 'how to build'

Spell paths should be about 10 spells long and rather tightly focused onto one or two themed effects. A Grand Elf, apprenticed Fire-Mage I will have a LOG of 9 and plenty of room for pyromaniac goodness. Thats over 90 'signature' spells to work with. Even a less focused caster will have 4 to 6 spell paths available.. still looking at at least 40 signature spells.
In my game the casters have stuck with 4 or 5 'go to' spells.

Some Paths should 'build' on others.. I haven't done this yet but I plan on doing a 'part II' of some of these paths that cover the 10 to 20 MP range.

Update: New paths added, and fixed a formatting error that trimmed some of the spell text.

Code:
Path	Secrets
Dowsing Path	Scry
Path of Anemoi	Flight
Path of Animal Friendship	Animal Friend
Path of Bones	Bones
Path of Driving Wind	Air
Path of Harm	Evil
Path of Magic Missiles	Force
Path of Might	Earth, Force
Path of Prestidigitation	Force, Illusion
Path of Symbols	Abjure, Runes
Path of the Armorer	Force, Metal
Path of the Battle Dancer	Air
Path of the BeastMaster	Animal Protector
Path of the Builder	Nature
Path of the Burning Palm	Fire
Path of the Eye	Light
Path of the Fey Skinwalker	Fey
Path of the Filcher	Move, Stealth
Path of the Fire Bender	Fire
Path of the Fire Breather	Fire, Mist
Path of the Flame Blade	Fire, Arcane Weapon
Path of the Ice Sculptor	Ice, Mist
Path of the LongStrider	Nature, Fire
Path of the Mentalist 	Mind
Path of the Night	Drider
Path of the Quartermaster	Move, Create
Path of the Scout	Move, Scry
Path of the Spider	Arachnoid
Path of the Storm	Lightning, Air
Path of Thorns	 Plant, Nature
Path of Tim, the Sorcerer	Fire

Attachments

• Spell Paths 27 Nov.pdf
    326.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Awesome! Though don't be afraid to make much longer spellpaths with 20 or more spells in them! The main reason the existing ones are 1-10ish are because that's more useful for starting players, but I fully intend to expand them upwards in the final product.

19 spell paths, eh? That's amazing! Path of Tim the Sorcerer....

[video=youtube;JTbrIo1p-So]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbrIo1p-So[/video]

Last edited:

Up to 24 :)
Initial post updated.

My game is this Friday and I think I have worked up enough spell paths for the 3 caster types to use.
Still haven't gone into the 10+ range mainly due to the fact that most of these are for the PCs in my group.

You wouldn't happen to have Fire Elementals statted out yet would you? The Animate Fire spell needs various sized fire elementals to work with.

Up to 31!

I have updated the original post and pdf.

Also, PEACH! Specifically the Path of the Fey Skinwalker. One of my players has Transform Fey and primarily uses it for the Baleful Myconid spell, but I wanted to flesh out the rest. Part of the problem with the Transform spell list is the lack of available monsters to draw from. The current listing is a 'this feels about right' guesstimate on my part.

Another of my players has Transform Beast, and I want to have a better guesstimate before I build that path.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Fantastic. I'll take a look as soon as I can - I'm out at my weekly Pathfinder game tonight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases