• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fan requests

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I know what you mean on playing a gunfighter - most people have an image of guns akin to the American Wild West of the 1800s even in fantasy RPGs that are semi-based on the Medieval or early Renaissance era, or possibly even the Dark Ages.
See, I picture the gun-wielders in Zeitgeist as more like Pirates of the Carribean or Three Musketeers. There are a couple with the extra feats to do it quickly, but it's not prevalent.

Now, Santiago on the other hand, I'd imagine should at the least have some focus on gun fighting. Seeing as how it's cowboy style future. But that's just my opinion.

On topic, I like the way ya'll handled guns for Zeitgeist. I'm really looking forward to the "soon-ish" release of the player's stuff. As for requests... I guess I would only ask that you keep up the good work :D

Colmarr

First Post
I know what you mean on playing a gunfighter - most people have an image of guns akin to the American Wild West of the 1800s even in fantasy RPGs that are semi-based on the Medieval or early Renaissance era, or possibly even the Dark Ages.

I'm not sure it's an image problem. I suspect most adult gamers are knowledgeable enough about early firearms to know what a flintlock weapon was actually like. I think it's more that the pop culture references that inspire people to want to play gunfighters are either 'Wild west' or 'John Woo', neither or which include standing still for 10 seconds while you load another shot :)

See, I picture the gun-wielders in Zeitgeist as more like Pirates of the Carribean or Three Musketeers. There are a couple with the extra feats to do it quickly, but it's not prevalent.

Excellent analogy re: PotC.

Incidentally, I received some excellent advice from Klaus about modelling this type of stand-up shoot-out character using the Thief class from Essentials, so it is doable even without houseruling.

Remove ads