FanExpo 2009 August 28-30, Toronto

Vael

Legend
Just went to the Fan Expo for the day. Managed to play in a fun 4e game. Bought the Fiery Dragon Battle box. Overall, a good con.

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
Fifty Thousand people came through the doors on Saturday. That's just crazy. Thanks to everyone who braved the long, long lines and dropped by our booth to say hi. We had a really great time, and I hope we represented the hobby well in the dealer room. We'll keep pushing and hopefully get more gaming stuff for sale in the hall next year.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Just got back from the FanExpo; I had a good time! Played in a Mage game and an OSRIC game.

Thondor, were you the DM of the OSRIC game? I was playing Ulger the human thief. If so, I wanted to ask what was up with the island, since we didn't get to finish it.

It totally was me. That's pretty awesome. We didn't even realize it! I believe you actually spelled it Unger on the character sheet by the way ;).

There wasn't that much left on the isle that you hadn't an idea of. There was a trio of medusae with a 'pet' gorgon.
Which are extremely deadly in 1e/OSRIC, save of petrified or poison save or die. I'm sure one of you would have 'died' if we'd kept on. The hatch did lead to huge treasure trove. Though you probably wouldn't have gotten far with it as the gorgon laired down there and Gort the Ettin considered it 'his' treasure.
Flora the nymph was close friends with the medusae by the way . . .

Exact details will be available this winter when the second issue of Paladin comes out. (along with 3 other locations of 'Mystery and Legend'.)

LostSoul

Adventurer
If Unger "the Bold" saw an iron-skinned bull he probably would have run. :)

It was a fun game; if I had one suggestion to make, I think it would be to make sure it's obvious that the ship is damaged and needs repair after the storm that blows it off-course.

Remove ads