• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantastic Four Trailer

John Crichton

First Post
I liked it. Not a ton, but it does make me want to see it. I don't have huge hopes as I was never a huge F4 fan. Looks like a neat popcorn flick.

Why. Isn't. Thing. CGI!
Dammit! Here is a character who has fought the frikken Hulk! OK he usually gets his rocky butt handed to him but this rubber suit version is just not what I expected the Thing to look like. Everyone else looks cool, even Electro...I mean Dr Doom. ;-)
Oh well only because I think Michael Chiklis is an awesome actor and the Shield is the best cop show ever, I'll go see this movie. At least it doesn't have Kirsten Dunst! <shudder>
HU

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
stevelabny said:
But up until Anna Paquin said "Do they hurt?" and Hugh Jackman delivered "Every time" so perfectly, I was pretty sure the X-Men movie was gonna suck too.

The first X-Men movie did suck. Not as severely as Daredevil or Blade III, but it still sucked.

FF will probably follow suit. The trailer is all flash, no substance. It takes more than neat FX, one-liners, and mugging at the camera to make a good movie.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
stevelabny said:
Viking... thanks for cheering me up.

This trailer does look better than I originally expected, but at the same time is still scary enough to make me worried.
If the X-Men taught me anything, is not to be too quick to pre-judge films
like these. I was sure it was gonna suck. Hard. Until I saw it.

So now, I wait patiently for the reviews to start rolling.

Caius

First Post
I don't know. It looks all big and flashy with it's special effects but for the life of me I don't even remember what the heck the plot is for this movie. Does it have a decent story with those special effects? And in my opinion two of those actors are suspect to not really having any talent and as for the other two never seen them.

As my boyfriend said "Is this a movie to get Alba on screen to make out with guys with superpowers?"

nakia

First Post
I just don't know. I thought the costumes, effects, etc looked good. I cringed a little at the text, as well as at Johnny's "You gotta admit that was pretty cool" line at the end.

While I have never been a big FF reader, it seems that they were always a little on the cheesy side -- not as gritty as the X-Men. Not that that's a bad thing. I'm just wondering how it will play out on screen.

If X-men dealt with outsiders dealing with a world that hates and fears them, and Spider-man is about an individual coming to terms with power and responsibility, then what's the core of the FF that should translate into film? A family changed forever?

Klaus

First Post
I just can't see Doom as... well, Doom.

Plus having the cosmic rays give Doom his armor is the lamest thing this side of... cosmic rays giving Doom his armor in Ultimate FF!

Turanil

First Post
The first X-Men movie did suck. Not as severely as Daredevil or Blade III, but it still sucked. FF will probably follow suit.
I too didn't like X-Men, Daredevil, and Blade III. In fact, I was also bored to death by the two Spiderman (fortunately I did see them on Div-X so not wasted money on them). Nonetheless, I think this FF trailer looks good, and I think I will go and see it. Oh well, the story and texts probably will be lame but what to expect different...

Klaus

First Post
Jessica Alba (who played Max Guevara in the TV series "Dark Angel" and had a part in "Never Been Kissed") plays Susan Storm (later Susan Richards), the Invisible Woman (formerly Invisible Girl).

Remove ads