• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantastic Steampunk

Priest_Sidran

First Post
As far as Arcanum (full title is Arcanum of Steamworks & Magic Obscura) goes it can be bought at Amazon.com for $44.00 before shipping.

There is a science fiction novel written about Victorian London with magic, and tech called City of the Light or something similar to it. I will have to track the name down for you.

Vampire the Masquerade Victorian Age is a good set up. and Sorcery & Steam by FFG may have something your looking for. Iron Kingdoms also.

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey everyone! I am not sure its still available but Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks was great IMO. It was by Christopher Allen & EN Publishing. It came out in June 2004. I hope that helps! Thanks Maester Luwin

Maester Luwin said:
Hey everyone! I am not sure its still available but Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks was great IMO. It was by Christopher Allen & EN Publishing. It came out in June 2004. I hope that helps! Thanks Maester Luwin
I was going to make this same suggestion. There's also FFG's Sorcery & Steam which has a lot of ideas, but maybe not exactly what you're looking for.

I've used a fair number of steampunk elements in my setting, but rather than making it central to the theme, it's more just background noise. I simply use the steampowered constructs and monsters from stuff like Monsternomicon and the d20 stats of various warjacks from No Quarter Magazine and whatnot. And I use steampunk as an enabler--faster travel, technical solutions that are more or less on par with a Victorian age on our earth, and as a backdrop to create the tone I want--kinda Charles Dickens when in a city, kinda Barsoom meets Sergio Leone outside of it. Bandits attacking frontier towns with cannon-firing zeppelin fleets is just a cool idea, I think.

In any case, like I said, I don't need a whole lot of rules there.

Remove ads