Fantasy News

knightofround

First Post
Back in the day, I was a big fan of the "Sharn Inquisitive", news articles that provide players with pick-n-choose hooks. I'd like to make something similar, but for generic 4E. Feel free to chime in with your own ideas! :)

1. "Crossbow Bolting Kills 3, wounds several" Last Tuesday, an Ale warehouse delivery driver was asked to end his contract. The ex-employee returned ten minutes later and went on a bolting spree. One caster was killed, and several were injured, 2 critically.

2. "Coast Guard repatriates 318 zombies". The Orc empire coast guard repatriated 318 zombies to Aldain on Tuesday. The two boats floated to the Empire on ocean currents; the boats were overcrowded beyond international safety limits. "I did this to earn a better life for my children" said the one zombie that could speak common fluently, "I don't want my kids to end up like me."

3. "Kalatar's Residuum Spill Finally Plugged". Yesterday, the royal archmage announced that Kalatar's disastrous residuum spill in the Mountains of Kor has finally been plugged. This was the sixth attempt to plug the geyser in over two months, an event which most Druids say is likely be the greatest environmental disaster of the decade.

4. "Insurgents Assault Rust Monster Lair". Yesterday seven masked mages mounted a frontal assault on Grimsloth's Southern Lair in retaliation for the destruction of Farmer Gunther's iron fence. According to Grimsloth's seer, there were no casualties. Arcane writing stating "We will not stop until Grimsloth bows down to the power of Vecna" was found nearby the lair's entrance. This is expected to complicate the gold dragon Balthor's efforts bring Grimsloth and King Koldain back to the negotiation table.

5. "Potion Cartels Using Gory Illusions to Spread Fear". Powerful potion cartels are increasingly using gory illusions of executions and interrogations to intimidate their rivals, militia, and an already terrified public in response to King Dalan's declaration of a "new war on potions"

6. "Druid council to confirm Waterbranch". The druid council of Bloomberst forest is likely to confirm Waterbranch on Friday as the council's 4th adventurer to investigate the Apocalyptic Spell incursion. "I'm just relieved the confirmation process is almost over," said Waterbranch, "I would like to take this moment to thank my family for their support during this most difficult time."

Last edited:

sappire07

First Post
"the massacre of berrarns chapel" early yesterday morning in zylafans chapel of berram the clergy was massacred by an unknown group of cultists. a message writtrn in blood was discovered in the high priests chambers. the message read "may saregas devour your souls"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Temple of the Elements Defiled & Destroyed: High Druid says, 'They called us Evil!'"

(Elsewhere...)

PC1: "Holy Corellan...that sounds like what we did last week!"

PC2: "And the description of the marauders sounds a LOT like us...mayhaps we have been framed by doppelgangers!"

PC3: *groan* "OK...from whom did you say you bought that map we used last week?"

knightofround

First Post
"Trogdor Report: Peasant Deaths Are Up". Peasant deaths due to Dragons in the past six months rose a modest 6 percent, the Dragon Knight commission said Sunday. The modest increase suggested that the King's and Knighthood's efforts to hold down peasant casualties are showing some success, but also that there is much progress to be made.

"Lizardfolk Travel Far to Reach Flood Victims". Lizardman navy boats traveled along kilometers of flood waters on Sunday to rescue Formians stranded in a disaster that has angered many over the hive queen's slow response.

Remove ads