Kickstarter Fantasy Series 1 Miniatures! "Better than Bones!"

scottiemick

Villager
Hey guys! Have you checked out Fantasy Series 1 Miniatures on Kickstarter yet?

It's a new line of fantasy minis for use with all tabletop RPGs or skirmish games, and Warren at Beasts of War/OnTableTop even had this to say on their Weekender segment yesterday: "This has a Reaper Bones kind of theme to it; a big box of everything that you need. But the quality is much better than the Reaper Bones'."

What do you think? Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

Very interesting! The buy-in price is a bit high for me at the moment, though, especially since I just spent all my spending money for the month. I might look into it next month -- assuming moving doesn't equal zero spending money.

tommybahama

Adventurer
How would you describe that style of art for the weapons and armor? Anime? World of Warcraft? I'm not a fan of it. I also thought there was too much redundancy in the groups of models. They should have had more than one pose for each group. And I can't imagine needing five ooze monsters. But they got funded so good for them.

ced1106

Explorer
Wouldn't say it's better than Bones, but it's a more generic set than Bones V. Good entry point for those new to the hobby, and includes Lurkers for Altar Quest. AQ base game is a great price for the miniatures and game system. Should have a lot of mini's for $65 + $15 shipping with eleven days to go.

Remove ads