• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Far Shot and scope?

Romnipotent

First Post
Hi Enworld, I cant search the forum for the answer to this question:
Far shot increases range 50%
A Scope increases range 50%

Do these stack? Or worked off the original range.
For example
M21 rifle, range 100. Is the full range 200ft? or 225 (100+50=150, 150+75=225)?
I figure its the first, 200ft. Just trying to find any adjudications on this from experienced Modern players and DM's.

Thanks

Lukeworm

First Post
Both the far shoot feat and a scope each add 50% to the weapon's base range increacment.
A gun with a 100 ft. range increacment with scope and the far soot feat = 200 ft. range increacment.

Peterson

First Post
Lukeworm said:
Both the far shoot feat and a scope each add 50% to the weapon's base range increacment.
A gun with a 100 ft. range increacment with scope and the far soot feat = 200 ft. range increacment.

That's the way I understand it as well.

Peterson

bubbalin

First Post
I don't know this this has ever been written down anywhere in the rules though, but Iwould say that this fits with the 'principle' of the rules as found in the 'adding multipliers' rule. Ie, if you have multiple multipliers, the total multiplier is equal to the sum of the multipliers, minus the number of multipliers plus 1.

So in this cause, it becomes 1.5x+1.5x = 1.5(multiplier 1) + 1.5(multiplier 2) - 2(2 multipliers) + 1 = 2x

Was that more confusing than helpful? I'm an engineer *shrug*

Remove ads