Fast Healing and the Sangehirn PrC

Tome

Explorer
The most recent Mind's eye update to psionic characters allows the Sangehirn PrC to gain enhancements to Stabilize Self checks and Fast Healing 1,2,3. My question is isn't the skill stabilize self useless if you have fast healing? If you regenerat 1 HP or more per round, then wouldn't that stop any bleeding that you incur from being reduced to less than 0 HP?

I guess that since the Fast Healing only works if you have 3 or more PP, sometimes a Sangehirn may have to rely upon stabilize self.

Any thoughts?

lambdaZUG

First Post
I would think that yes, fast healing would function to stabilize the character.

I am concerned, however, with the impact that fast healing might have on a character and a party. Essentially, it obviates the need to ever be healed again (notwithstanding in-combat healing). The ability, for all intents and purposes (even at a value of one), erases all damage between combats. And remember, too, that for each one point of damage healed, one point of subdual is healed as well.

The sangehirn is supposed to be impossible to kill (for a class with 6-sided Hit Die). Although, maybe they overdid it...

Apparently they playtested it. I don't know if they only playtested during combat though. You can ask www.markjindra@hotmail.com

As for Stabilize Self bonuses, it's a bit of a joke. They only gain bonuses every other level, and considering how powerful this PrC is, maybe that's a good thing.

Magus_Jerel

First Post
The only time the skill becomes a factor is if your PP reserves drop too low.

At upper levels - the sheer damage count can be "up there"...

with haste in play... wizards chucking evocation spells can deal a whole heap of damage. All the fast healing in the world won't make that much of a difference if you drop to -10

At lower levels, damage can accrue over multiple encoutners - at higher levels... it is more likely that the PC's will run if they get hit too hard - and come back the next day.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Yeah, a Psion with this Prc can take a boatload of damage. Just do True Biofeedback, giving an equivalent to Regen in that ALL damage you take is subdual, no matter what. It lasts 1 hour/level, and it's a lvl 8 power. Pretty sick eh? Greater Psychofeedback should lead to some great smakdowns, I mean, 3/4 of the power points you use are added to your Str, Dex, or Con MODIFIER for the round you use it. Can anyone say Str Modifier of +100 and crit with a Scythe?:D

Remove ads