Favorite AD&D and/or B/X Module Covers

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I don't really have favorites, as I thought most of them were pretty good, but I will mention these:

17053.jpg

61zy4tSMbrL.jpg

51YPGQGMKML.jpg

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I1 - Dwellers of the Forbidden City.

I3 - Pharaoh.

Lankhmar - CA2 - Swords of Deceit.

N1 - Against the Cult of the Reptile God.

S3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess [Green Cover].

CM1 - Test of the Warlords.

DA1 - Adventures in Blackmoor.

DA2 - Temple of the Frog.

ALQ3 - A Dozen and One Adventures.

Ruined Kingdoms.

Voadam

Legend
I do like a lot of Dragonlance cover art and Blues are my favorite so DL8 Dragons of War is up there. A great dragon and it is an active action scene. The dragon and the knight focused on each other while the tower explodes in the background is fantastic.

1654234110405.png

I found the blue-nosed hobgoblins and the fighting PC types very evocative in B1 Keep on the Borderlands. It might be the nostalgia and the formative impression of my first module but it still really works for me.

1654234514982.png

A2 Secret of the Slavers Stockade portrays very heavily armed PCs sneaking around a frontier fortress while the goblin soldiers try to hunt them down with a tracker boggle on a leash. I like the tension of the situation here. The mix of medieval elements and fantasy nonhumans here are also very D&D for me.

1654236717266.png

D1-D2 Descent Into the Depths of the Earth has a great D&D combat going on including inhuman foes with weird weapons. I love the cult statue of Blibdoolpoolp in the background eerily lit up and not clear whether it is a statue or not. A very dark pulp fantasy Lovecraftian feel here.

1654237259288.png

CA2 Swords of Deceit shows the Gods of Lankhmar, a bunch of liches emerging from their temples to wreak havoc in defense of the city at a horrible cost. A great detailed portrayal of Undead menaces that fits both D&D and Lankhmar. For D&D this suggests that they are coming your way, do you get out of the way and hide?

1654237917983.png

Last edited:

Remove ads