Favorite "Homeric" RPG or Setting

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
What is your favorite rpg or rpg setting with an ancient Greek gods and monsters feel? It doesn't have to be actual mythic Greece, and could also be more broadly bronze age.
Setting? Oh, that's easy: 300
gerard butler GIF

It makes designing your weapons list pretty easy too. Spears? Check. Cestus? Check. Lightning? Only if you're a mage or Zeus.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I’d second @Aldarc with the recommendation of Agon. It’s a relatively simple system designed to be very player-centric, and the mechanics lend themselves to the themes of the ancient myths. The way it’s designed to be episodic with a new island facing a new form of Strife each session really gives that Odyssey vibe.

Aldarc

Legend
Mythras has two setting books - one for Mythic Rome and one for Mythic Constantinople. I personally find the system a bit dry and too heavy for my tastes, but tastes vary and maybe it's something for you.
Mythras and RuneQuest are both oriented towards Bronze Age-ish fantasy, but this is one reason why I recommended Jackals, which is based on the "Open Quest" system, so slightly less heavy.

Additionally: Trojan War (Fantasy AGE) by Green Ronin Publishing

Mythras and RuneQuest are both oriented towards Bronze Age-ish fantasy, but this is one reason why I recommended Jackals, which is based on the "Open Quest" system, so slightly less heavy.
I wasn't aware that Jackals is based on OpenQuest. That makes it a better candidate IMO (I find the complexity of OpenQuest, though still at the upper end of what I find acceptable, to be manageable).

Bilharzia

Fish Priest
Mythras has two setting books - one for Mythic Rome and one for Mythic Constantinople. I personally find the system a bit dry and too heavy for my tastes, but tastes vary and maybe it's something for you.
You missed out Mythic Babylon bruv!

To add to this, Mythras has many, many settings books, covering Mythic Earth settings, and outside of that.

Remove ads