• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Simple GM Plots

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
So, I must have spent the better part of a month detailing out a DnD version of Hogwarts on a lonely island in the middle of this vast lake, that not only taught wizardry, but archery and even thief-craft. I fleshed it out with detail; NPCs, History, Maps, Dungeons below it (and the lake), and then I worked with my players to come up with detailed and rich histories for each of their adolescent characters.

And on day one, hour one of the game a METEOR thundered from the heavens and slammed into the main building, destroying most of the place, followed immediately by Githezrai appearing all over the island.

The small group (our PCs) barely escaped with the aid of Fenwell the Forrester, who taught field and sword craft - who within another hour had sacrificed himself to delay the pursuit, and allow the youngsters to enter an abandoned Dwarven labyrinth in a desperate attempt to escape.

Not a simple get together, but a very effective shock and awe one, that forced them to work together and a cohesive unit just to survive.

Yes, though he doesn't have a lightning bolt scar on his forehead, one of our survivor's is destined to slay the Demigod Gith... of course, he STILL doesn't know that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads