Favorite Villain/ memorable Big Bads

Draegn

Explorer
Twin black dragons, a male and female in an incestuous relationship trying to breed two headed dragons that were constantly burning my players plans to ash.

Carsandra a level 12 sorcerer medusa who had to be captured alive.

Lord Elomin a level 15 antipaladin who rides into battle on the back of his lamia (ad&d description) level 12 cleric along with their 20 minotaur body guard.

All of these opponents are greatly hated by my players. The have only dealt with Carsandra so far.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
In several campaigns I've included a genial old green hag named Granny. She's quite a sweet old lady and would love to help the PCs in any way she can, maybe in return for a little favor? Granny lives with a troll named Emmett and a hell hound named Fluffy. She works much better when the PCs encounter her at low levels when they can't possibly fight her straight on, and when she has something they really need. Then she can function as the "evil quest-giver" who the players all know is going to turn on them eventually...

I've used Hags as the overarching Villains in my previous two campaigns (with different groups of players).
They make great evil quest givers due to their manipulative nature. I basically had one Coven that was using the PC's to kill off other rival hags.

Also I had a Bheur Hag that the group met in a high mountain pass, (unrelated to the covens they had been dealing with) named Auntie Wendy Pisslewind.

She was lonely and claimed to be immortal, offering anyone in the group a chance to share in her never ending life, although it meant not being able to leave her small lair. In the end the group just felt sorry for her, and gave her an item that she required without putting up a fight and left her in peace.

Later they came across a reward poster in a tavern that offered payment for any hags heads delivered, (basically it was 1000gp per CR, which made the Bheur Hag a pretty good prize at 7000gp, but even then they weren't interested in going back and killing her.

In several campaigns I've included a genial old green hag named Granny. She's quite a sweet old lady and would love to help the PCs in any way she can, maybe in return for a little favor? Granny lives with a troll named Emmett and a hell hound named Fluffy. She works much better when the PCs encounter her at low levels when they can't possibly fight her straight on, and when she has something they really need. Then she can function as the "evil quest-giver" who the players all know is going to turn on them eventually...

Fluffy the hellhound :)

Sthrad von Zarovich. (2ed)

I Dm'd a campaign from (levels 1-12) where he was the mastermind behind almost every encounter the PCs had. at first the PC's were just annoying but as they grew in power, so did Sthrad's interest in them.

When they finally met up with him the final battle was epic!

-TC

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases