D&D 5E Favourite 5e Standalone Adventures

Clint_L

Hero
I usually do home-brew, but sometimes I like throwing a standalone adventure into the campaign because it adds variety and kind of lets me off the hook for a bit. I just did White Plume Mountain, which I literally last played when I was about 14, and I freaking loved it. So many fun traps/obstacles. The monster encounters are basically random but it was easy to tie into my campaign as an archmage's abandoned testing grounds. The players had a ton of fun and I killed myself laughing at their strategies for getting past the various trap rooms.

What are your favourites? I'm looking for what I should pilfer next.

GuyBoy

Hero
Funnily enough, I’m currently using White Plume Mountain with my two grandkids and my wife, and we’re having a great time. Like you, I hadn’t played it since I was a teen.
I’ve used Steading of the Hill Giant Chief a couple times as a one-off, altering the drow-influenced bits to fit the actual campaign.
I’m hoping for a Re-release of a Tsojcanth/Tharizdun update for the 50th Anniversary.
I’ve got the Goodman version of KotB and am running this a stand-in for my face-to-face group in the event of a player being absent (we drop our ongoing games if this happens).

Hope you get some good suggestions.

Clint_L

Hero
I’ve used Steading of the Hill Giant Chief a couple times as a one-off, altering the drow-influenced bits to fit the actual campaign.
I’m hoping for a Re-release of a Tsojcanth/Tharizdun update for the 50th Anniversary.
Oh, that would be cool!

For the 50th, I also want to see a re-release of Greyhawk, plus some of the OG modules that haven't yet been updated, like Keep on the Borderlands, and I'd like to see a Blackmoor dungeon adventure.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Oh, that would be cool!

For the 50th, I also want to see a re-release of Greyhawk, plus some of the OG modules that haven't yet been updated, like Keep on the Borderlands, and I'd like to see a Blackmoor dungeon adventure.
Have you not seen the Goodman Games 5E update/expansion to Keep on the Borderlands and In Search of the Unknown, titled Into the Borderlands? Or do you just not like it?

Clint_L

Hero
I think that series is great but I'm hoping for official WotC updates, because those are available on DnDBeyond. It's such a time saver and I run so many games that I really rely on it. I am wondering what are other folks' favourite WotC standalone adventures for 5e. Kind of hoping for inspiration.

Remove ads