D&D 5E Favourite Dnd 5e books

Nebulous

Legend
Exploding wagon is definitely in there and can definitely cause a TPK if run as written. "Vines from a stump house" sounds like a certain somebody's hut.
Do you recall which location ? I want to look it up. I didn't run that, maybe the PCs didn't go there. Edit; nevermind. The wagon. She was in the party so they never went into the wagon at all

delericho

Legend
5e has two great boxed sets - "Lost Mine of Phandelver" may be the best adventure WotC have written for any version of D&D, while the Essentials Set is the better box in every regard except the adventure. Those come top of the heap for me.

After that, it's "Eberron: Rising from the Last War", despite the repeated setting information.

Of the adventures, "Curse of Strahd" is the best, but suffers from comparison with the much better original. "Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden" is great. "Storm King's Thunder" is really not great, indeed, barely mediocre, but it does have a great concept and includes a great guide to the setting.

The other thing of note is that I really like the MM, and for much the same reason really like the monster sections of Volo's and Mordenkainen's guides, though I don't think either really justifies the price. However, this does give me reason to strongly suspect "Monsters of the Multiverse" is a good one.

Remove ads