• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite OoP boardgames that you have managed to keep, reacquire or looking for.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I have a Song-of-Ice-and-Fire conversion of Kingmaker I still haven't had a chance to play!

-Hyp.

That's interesting. I've got the Game of Thrones boardgame by FFG (plays similar to a variant of Diplomacy), but a Kingmaker version would be very interesting.

The basic problem I had with Kingmaker is that it was too easy to turtle: to get a massive army and then not bother attacking, because attackers were generally at a disadvantage.

The game worked fine until the late game, when things got very boring.

Cheers!

Phoenix8008

First Post
My favorite OoP boardgame which I own is Supremacy. It's like Risk + Monopoly on steroids. The OoP game which I would most love to get ahold of again is Dark Tower by Milton Bradley. I had this as a child and remember it with great love.

Ssadral

First Post
My favorite OoP boardgame which I own is Supremacy. It's like Risk + Monopoly on steroids.
I just reacquired that at Value Village for $2.00, it has all the peices but the game box is a little banged up. Is it truly OoP? I thought I saw it in the stores recently.

The OoP game which I would most love to get ahold of again is Dark Tower by Milton Bradley. I had this as a child and remember it with great love.
I read that as Dork Tower. :D

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Heroquest with the Elf, Barbarian, Red Box, and Purple box expansions.

Any time we're between games for a week or have players MIA, I try to convince my friends to play it with me.

On Puget Sound

First Post
SPI's Empires of the Middle Ages. Bought it a few years ago for more than I should have spent. It's more a toy than a game - set it up and run it just to watch what happens.

CarlZog

Explorer
The vast majority of my boardgames are OoP (SPI, AH, TSR, Metagaming), and were bought new in print.

I keep them for a variety of reasons, but the top of the list:

Of all of them, Panzerblitz has probably seen the most actual play.

Dune and Divine Right are just really good games too expensive these days to replace.

Air War because after 30 years, I'm still blown away by the mechanics that went into it.

Terrible Swift Sword for the imaginary day when I've retired and found somebody willing to spend a week playing out the campaign game.

And Stomp! because it's the funniest game premise of all time.

Carl

Stormonu

Legend
I paid through the nose for it recently, but Dark Tower is my trophy piece.

Dark Tower | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

I've also managed to retain Heroquest and Awful Green Things From Outer Space. I had an original Axis and Allies, but it had fallen apart I bought one of the newer, updated copies and I'm enjoying the rule changes they've made to the game. I've also managed to get a re-released copy of Conquest of the Empire, though I haven't had a chance to play it again yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads