D&D 5E Feat: Acrobatic Flyer

ManBagel

Messing up everything in DnD since 2019
Acrobatic Flyer
“You have learn how to do stunts while flying that others find impossible. You have a way to fly that makes you a danger in combat with the right altitude.”
Prerequisite: a way to gain a flying speed such as a wizard who can cast fly or an innate flying speed.
While you have a flying speed you gain the following benefits:

•Your Flying Speed increases by 10ft.
•You have advantage on any check to keep yourself in the air while flying.
•If you fly 20ft into the air you can use your remaining movement to dive bomb a target and get a +5 to damage. This damage can only be done once per round. If you attack and you hit, the target can’t make opportunity attacks against targets in the air. You are considered 5ft above the target after the dive bomb.

Edit 1: Only one handed melee weapons. Can’t you stack charger and GWM though? Then again you gain more bonuses then Charger feat.

Edit 2: When you hit an enemy on the ground they can’t do Opportunity attacks against targets in the air.

Edit 3: Any weapon can be used, but the bonus applies to only one attack per round.

Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
This is looping back to Tieflings falling with style, isn't it? Setting aside most of the feat for a moment, I'd find a way to make sure you can't stack this with GWM, and maybe specify how many attacks it applies to.

I don't think the one-handed weapons only thing makes much sense - spear-type weapons held in two hands would be the natural weapon for this kind of thing.

I get the desire to prevent stacking with GWM, but like, I don't think it's a real problem. Or rather there's a better solution, which is to limit this damage to the first attack made after the dive-bomb. Which I think makes sense, anyway.

GWM gains it's power because it applies to every attack in a round. So if you have three attacks, you get +10 damage three times, potentially, for a massive thirty damage.

With your proposed Feat, just limit to applying once a round. Thus instead of being a massive balance issue, it's just one +5 damage (which is nice, but not game-breaking and not enough to make the Feat a "must-have") per round.

And then you can let it stack with GWM and so on and it doesn't make much odds.

Remove ads