• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats for other races?

vhailor

First Post
Since this is the first time I play D&D, can someone tell me if other races were supported in the previous editions? We begin a neutral-evil campaign with my shadar-kai swordmage, an orc barbarian, human ranger(balanced), and human wizard. Unfortunately, no leader for now.Is there an chance, that feats about orcs, shifters and others will be created?

Lord Ernie

First Post
Heh. Most likely. This is D&D after all... I expect almost all suggested 'monster' races will get a PC write-up. In fact, Shadar-Kai already had their write-up in a recent Dragon article. Shifters are an Eberron race, IIRC, so I reckon they'll get fully detailed in the Eberron PH.

Malachi_rc

First Post
I believe Shifters are in PHB2, and I expect some orc feats in it as well (assuming halforcs have the ability to take orc and human feats in the same way halfelves do).

LightPhoenix

First Post
As for Shadar-kai, there's a very nice article in this month's Dragon which provides a lot of stuff for them, including a number of feats. As I recall, a couple of them are even designed for Shadar-kai swordmages. You (or your player) will definitely want to spring for DDI this month just for this article.

Milambus

First Post
To recap:
Half-Orcs will be in PHB2
Shifters will be in PHB2
Shadar-Kai are in this months Dragon

Orcs currently are not schedule to be published anywhere that I am aware of, but I would expect to see them in Dragon at some point.

vhailor

First Post
As for Shadar-kai, there's a very nice article in this month's Dragon which provides a lot of stuff for them, including a number of feats. As I recall, a couple of them are even designed for Shadar-kai swordmages. You (or your player) will definitely want to spring for DDI this month just for this article.

You just made me a very happy man.
I don't know what happened, but when I saw a photo with shadar-kai, my heart skiped a beat. I was always trying to choose the most fitting race for the characters I wanted to play, maximizing their stats. Now, I've created a swordmage, a wizard, a rogue, and I guess there are a lot more to come. I don't even like the gothic style in real life, but I loved the shadar-kai from the first moment I saw them. I don't even care that the orc has better racial feature. All I know is that my swordmage (named Shakti) will rock.

Remove ads