• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Featstress

Ilium said:
Razz makes a good point about rebuilds. I've always let my players do this to some extent (long before I got PHB II) so I assume mid-level NPCs have done it as well. Maybe the 10th-level sorcerer I'm making did have toughness at 1st level, but at some point he swapped it out for Empower Spell. I just make the character reasonably efficient at the level they currently hold.
We do this too. But under the guise of making sure everyone has fun. Feeling ineffective because of a lame feat choice (lame by current standards, not necessarily when it was taken) is unfun. So every level up players can change out feats, sorcerers can swap a spell or two. My only requirement is that the character stay similar to the old build so the back history isn't completely messed up. But even skill point distributions and sometimes class changes can work (very rarely though) if it's what makes the character fun. YMMV.

Agamon

Adventurer
Huh, I usually either know exactly what I want, or I get the "57 channels and nothing on" syndrome, where I just take ImpInit or something equally simple.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads