• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feng Shui Rocks! (Attn: P-Kitty & Teflon Billy)

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
We just finisished our first session of Feng Shui and had a blast! We played "Baptism of Fire" from the core book and I was the GM. The party consisted of a Karate Cop (Adrien Chen), a Wandering Monk (Wu Li-played by MEG Hal) and a Transformed Dragon (Tsing Tsao). The 2 players (I had to GMC Tsing) did a great job getting into character and describing their actions in the true HK action movie mode.
What I would like to know is: What supplements are good for Feng Shui and are there any freebies out there on the net? I tried a search and came up with a few, but I'm hoping others have some stuff to share (especially P-Kitty and TB). This game was really cool and I can foresee it fitting into our rotation of games (Eberron, Conan, Feng Shui, Angel). I'd be interested in hearing any comments from others who have played...

Golden Comeback is the most essential supplement. Rules for chases, additional archetype schticks, comboing powers, melee weapon characters, martial arts styles, and high attribute schticks (ala the tough guy archetype).

Seal of the Wheel is also very nice.

The latest one, "Gorrilla Warfare," is excellent.

The above two can be used to cover a lot of genres and are my bets for a limited budget. Though Gorilla Warfare is hardbound, and if that doesn't suit you then I would pick up the book for the future juncture instead.

The adventure supplements are also a good deal particularly if you want to use it as a 'pick-up' game.

Sir Elton

First Post
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
Golden Comeback is the most essential supplement. Rules for chases, additional archetype schticks, comboing powers, melee weapon characters, martial arts styles, and high attribute schticks (ala the tough guy archetype).

Seal of the Wheel is also very nice.

The latest one, "Gorrilla Warfare," is excellent.

The above two can be used to cover a lot of genres and are my bets for a limited budget. Though Gorilla Warfare is hardbound, and if that doesn't suit you then I would pick up the book for the future juncture instead.

The adventure supplements are also a good deal particularly if you want to use it as a 'pick-up' game.
Too bad Golden Comeback is out of print. :(

Sir Elton

First Post
Morpheus said:
We just finisished our first session of Feng Shui and had a blast! We played "Baptism of Fire" from the core book and I was the GM. The party consisted of a Karate Cop (Adrien Chen), a Wandering Monk (Wu Li-played by MEG Hal) and a Transformed Dragon (Tsing Tsao). The 2 players (I had to GMC Tsing) did a great job getting into character and describing their actions in the true HK action movie mode.
Miniatures General Warning: Playing Feng Shui can lead to the cease and desist of playing the Miniature Wargame Aspect of Dungeons and Dragons. Play with caution.

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
I picked up Feng Shui earlier this month so I would have something different to play on occasion. One of the threads here on EN World helped seal the deal for me. :)

Any thoughts on supplements and freebies would be most appreciated.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Played it for the first time at Origins 2003. Bought it that day.

Love it.

It is awesome, and some of the systems have rubbed off on my other games - dynamic actions with awesome descriptions always provide a bonus to the roll.

Remove ads