Feylight and Dragonbreath4E

arcanaman

First Post
The Sonnet's Bird Rest is an inviting tavern with dark wood tables and upholstered chairs. The beer is flowing freely at this hour and even though Rheeds Bend is not a large city the bar is packed.

Conversation and the smells of roasted hog and spiced pies waft through the air .

Sitting at the east tables is the town gaurd playing games of chance which invovle drinking if you lose. Sitting nearest to the door are the 20 out of the sixty other soldeirs that followed you into Rheeds Bend with less applause then the Lord General would have liked.

Since the barracks usually occupied by the town gaurd was to small to fit the army they dispersed into inns around the city. Among the patrons at the bar are two elf twins Merchants by their clothing they sit at bar stools sipping wine and stareing back at the three Eladrin merchants to busy talking amongst themselves to notice they occupy a comfortable table near the empty fire place.

What do you do at the Inn?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Ang (Male Dwarf Druid 1) Init: +2 HP: 28 Def: 15 - 13/13/16

Following Thurgan in and not feeling wholly comfortable in these low-land communities without the strength and protection of mountains under his feet, Ang, takes a few moments to survey the room (Insight +10 and Perception +10) for anything that is amiss or of interest.

Finishing that he pulls his cloak tight about his face, glances to see that Erevan and Adremall are accompanying, and then continues following.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan (Male Dwarf Warden 1) Init: +1 HP: 33 Def: 19 - 15/13/15

Thurgan stepped into the tavern, glancing about before entering completely, brushing off his hands and stomping his feet. Once his eyes adjusted, he snickered lightly, glancing back at Ang. "They got cushions on thier chairs, heh," Thurgan commented, under his breath.

"There's a table," Thurgan noted, silding up to it quickly before it was taken. "Come on, boys, let's taste the local fermentations."

willvr

First Post
Erevan (Eladrin Paladin 1) Init: +2 Def: 20 - 14/15/16

The Eladrin just rolled his eyes. "I really do think you should think of more than just getting something good to drink. But that's just me." Erevan just shook his head; and after taking a quick scan around the room, makes his way to the table.

"Oh look. Just for us."

FreeXenon

Ang sits next to Thurgan to the inside with his back to the wall, if possible. Ang, expecting such a comment form Thurgan, just shakes his head.

"Surely the comforts of civilization will soften the stone beneath your feet, chosen of the Earthmother."

"Our presence is not overly appreciated here." he states matter-of-factly.

He smirks slightly at Erevan's comment revealing, for those who are in close proximity, his slightly pronounced canine.

Velmont

First Post
Adrian (Male Half-Elf Bard 1) Init: +0 HP: 32 Def: 17 - 15/14/16

Adrian was travelling with his brother. He has never been very close to him, and for many reason. The first one, it is they weren't really brothers. Adrian was a bastard half-elf left to die in the cold night of winter on the night of his birth, but Theren's mother found him, and decide to take care of him, and the reason was because she had just lost her eldest child: Theren. So Adrian was raised in Theren's family and was there to replace him, or at least, to soften his lost to the family. His adoptive father was tolerating him just because of his mother. His other brothers just doesn't care about him, and his sisters see him as a shame.

It was only two years ago that Theren come out of nowhere, in good health. It shocks all the family members. Where he was during all that time? Why had he came back? Adrian didn't knew. It is at that moment Adrian decided to leave the family house to live his own life. For some unknown reason, he decided to follow Theren. He never knew why his oldest brother accepted him along. Adrian learned a few things form him, and start to like Sehanine, the goddess his brother had been following for years.

Adrian was sick of the social ostracism he was victim while he was safely living in his adoptive family house. Now he was in that unit composed of elves and dwarves, he found the life a bit more interesting. He had found a few members who was respecting him a bit more than the elves or the eladrins of the city was doing.

It wasn't a surprise when they first arrived in the town, that Adrian had to play the courier. His social skills was great, and as an half-elf, it was normal for his elven superior to give him more work. That why Adrian arrived half exhausted at the Inn. "I finally finished my runs. I got my permission. I'm starving and I really need some fresh ale."

He sits down at the table. "Where is Theren?"

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Adremaal, level 1: Eladrin, Warlock: Init +4: HP 26: Def: AC 16: - 12/15/16

The door opened and for a moment just stayed that way. Then Adremaal stepped in and slowly surveyed the room. He was a tall but fairly unremarkable young Eladrin apart from several odd features. His hair, although shorn quite short, was snowy white in colour; a startling colour above his young looking face. His equipment also told conflicting stories. He wore leather armour, had a longsword strapped to his right side and a sheathed rod of some kind on his left side. To cap it all there was a holy symbol of Corellon hanging at his throat.

All this was obvious as he stood there scanning the room, his eyes soft but inquisitive.

All at once those eyes brightened and a smile came to his lips.

“There you are Ang, I stopped for a moment to look at a strange configuration in the clouds and when I looked up you were gone. But since this was the nearest inn I assumed this was where I would find you.”

He walked over and sat down with the others. “A drink would go down very well at the moment. But does anyone have any idea where we are heading to next?”

arcanaman

First Post
A buxom(>.< please let that be spelled right) serving wench comes over in good spirits mostly mind you not carrying good spirits " What will it be gents, ah soldiers a good harty ale fur ye aye? well I'll see what I can do we haven't heard from the trading post in two days if fresh suppliers don't come on shopping day well will run out of ale before more soldiers get here. Ale good all round aye? can I get you gents anything else?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan (Male Dwarf Warden 1) Init: +1 HP: 33 Def: 19 - 15/13/15

"Of course it's just fer us 'van," Thurgan commented, "there's no one else sittin' here." Thurgan found a seat, waited til Ang found a good spot for himself, then glanced about, looking for someone to quench the dirt from the road in his throat.

Thurgan motioned for Adremaal to sit, and shrugged, not really having any idea of what was next on the agenda. The dwarf was about to comment when the bar maid arrived, offering a tale of woe and despair.

"Out of ale soon?" Thurgan murmurred. "Mebbe ya should bring two rounds fer us . . . rather not run out."

FreeXenon

Adrian makes his way to the table, and Ang then nods in approving acknowledgement. Ang finds the half-elf quite useful and willing to serve. A utilitarian creature if ever there was one. He finds the half-elf rather oddly cordial and trustworthy, not too unlike a child trying to please and serve its parent(s).

The half-elf was an interesting thing to Ang. The boy was not of either the human world or the elven world, but, barring extreme prejudice from those he interacts with, he functions even better between them than either race would. Adrian serves his brother, Theren, and this group admirably.

Adremaal was to him an odd thing as well, but for much different reasons. The Eladrin was similarly devoted to Correlon and he was, but the Eladrin's focus was not purely nature, though he did revere that natural aspects; he emphasized the mischievous and elusive Fey part of Correlon. They had the same patron, but dissimilar methods of reverence. They have as much in common as they do not, but fortunately their faith is something that they share. In these times your individual faith may be that which divides peoples.

"Too much looking into the clouds and not the world before ya, lad." he grumbled amusedly at the boy's naive whimsy.

Erevan, another with whom he shares faith with, but who reveres Corellon in a different way. 'Van is a holy warrior dedicated to defending Corellon's faithful and others from harm. He walks a more militant path than either himself or Adremaal. Faith is as integral a part of the holy warriors' path as is his armor and weapon. Ang feels that perhaps these holy warriors while being very useful, tend to loose themselves in the militancy, and sometimes forget who their patron is and their reverence for nature. Ang has not really noticed this with Erevan yet, and is hoping that he never will.

Thurgan was his only link to his people being that he is the only other dwarf here, as well as being dedicated to a god with which he could relate to - the Earth Mother. Thurgan was evermuch a dwarf's dwarf which is something that Ang rather disdained, but something about the dwarf made this demeanor endearing in reverent brotherhood sort of way.

[OOC: Insight (+10) and Perception (+10) to take a look at the people in the bar to see what their attitude is and if there is anything out of place.]

Remove ads