D&D 5E Feywild adventure September

I’m sure folk have seen this but I saw this on Amazon today - released September. The Wild beyond the Witchlight, a feyland adventure for 5e.

Attachments

• E4983437-ABB3-46CC-B3AD-FD49C2547B70.png
    E4983437-ABB3-46CC-B3AD-FD49C2547B70.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wish this was a sourcebook, like van Richten's, rather than an adventure...but I guess if it's successful then maybe we'll get a sourcebook someday?
Well, we know that there are two brand new Settigns in the works, and I've seen people speculating that a sort of Fey inverse to Ravenloft would make a lot of sense as a Genre-specific Setting (surreal absurdist fantasy, like Silverlock or Alice in Wonderland).

Whizbang Dustyboots

100% that gnome
I wish this was a sourcebook, like van Richten's, rather than an adventure...but I guess if it's successful then maybe we'll get a sourcebook someday?
Those UA fey races have to go somewhere. My guess is Witchlight will be structured similarly to Saltmarsh, with rules and a gazetteer up front, and the adventure and new monsters in the back.

Whizbang Dustyboots

100% that gnome
Well, we know that there are two brand new Settigns in the works, and I've seen people speculating that a sort of Fey inverse to Ravenloft would make a lot of sense as a Genre-specific Setting (surreal absurdist fantasy, like Silverlock or Alice in Wonderland).
I am always banging on about Saltmarsh-style books, I know, but Dungeonland/The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror would be a great anchor for a Feywild-style Saltmarsh book, along with old Dungeon adventures and newly created ones to flesh it out.

I like Faerie, but I'm not yet convinced that it could carry a book like Van Richten's at this time.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I am always banging on about Saltmarsh-style books, I know, but Dungeonland/The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror would be a great anchor for a Feywild-style Saltmarsh book, along with old Dungeon adventures and newly created ones to flesh it out.

I like Faerie, but I'm not yet convinced that it could carry a book like Van Richten's at this time.
Saltmarsh is a great model, what I expect to see is maybe more like Curse of Strahd (though Curse of Strahd is arguably the model for Saltmarsh, I suppose).

The appeal of a straight up Fairyland Setting book would be that it is mostly new to D&D: Fey elements have been present, but never fully developed full-throttle.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4