D&D 5E Feywild adventure September

I’m sure folk have seen this but I saw this on Amazon today - released September. The Wild beyond the Witchlight, a feyland adventure for 5e.

Attachments

• E4983437-ABB3-46CC-B3AD-FD49C2547B70.png
    E4983437-ABB3-46CC-B3AD-FD49C2547B70.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 90

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wish this was a sourcebook, like van Richten's, rather than an adventure...but I guess if it's successful then maybe we'll get a sourcebook someday?
Well, we know that there are two brand new Settigns in the works, and I've seen people speculating that a sort of Fey inverse to Ravenloft would make a lot of sense as a Genre-specific Setting (surreal absurdist fantasy, like Silverlock or Alice in Wonderland).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wish this was a sourcebook, like van Richten's, rather than an adventure...but I guess if it's successful then maybe we'll get a sourcebook someday?
Those UA fey races have to go somewhere. My guess is Witchlight will be structured similarly to Saltmarsh, with rules and a gazetteer up front, and the adventure and new monsters in the back.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, we know that there are two brand new Settigns in the works, and I've seen people speculating that a sort of Fey inverse to Ravenloft would make a lot of sense as a Genre-specific Setting (surreal absurdist fantasy, like Silverlock or Alice in Wonderland).
I am always banging on about Saltmarsh-style books, I know, but Dungeonland/The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror would be a great anchor for a Feywild-style Saltmarsh book, along with old Dungeon adventures and newly created ones to flesh it out.

I like Faerie, but I'm not yet convinced that it could carry a book like Van Richten's at this time.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I am always banging on about Saltmarsh-style books, I know, but Dungeonland/The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror would be a great anchor for a Feywild-style Saltmarsh book, along with old Dungeon adventures and newly created ones to flesh it out.

I like Faerie, but I'm not yet convinced that it could carry a book like Van Richten's at this time.
Saltmarsh is a great model, what I expect to see is maybe more like Curse of Strahd (though Curse of Strahd is arguably the model for Saltmarsh, I suppose).

The appeal of a straight up Fairyland Setting book would be that it is mostly new to D&D: Fey elements have been present, but never fully developed full-throttle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases