FFG Announce Realms of Terrinoth for Genesys

Fantasy Flight Games have announced Realms of Terrinoth, a new sourcebook for their Genesys Roleplaying System. Realms of Terrinoth is a fantasy campaign setting that explores the world of Mennara. Mennara has featured in a variety of FFG board and miniature games in the past, such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Runebound, Runewars Miniatures Game, and the recently released Legacy of Dragonholt.

Fantasy Flight Games have announced Realms of Terrinoth, a new sourcebook for their Genesys Roleplaying System. Realms of Terrinoth is a fantasy campaign setting that explores the world of Mennara. Mennara has featured in a variety of FFG board and miniature games in the past, such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Runebound, Runewars Miniatures Game, and the recently released Legacy of Dragonholt.

Terrinoth is a land of forgotten greatness and lost legacies. Once ruled by the Elder Kings who called upon mighty magics to perform great deeds and work marvels, the land has suffered greatly at the hands of its three great foes: the undead army of Walqar the Betrayer, the demon-possessed hordes of the bloodthirsty Uthuk Y’llan, and the terrifying dragons of the Molten Heath. Many of its great cities have been cast down into ruins, and many wondrous secrets and power artifacts have been lost.

For hundreds of years, Terrinoth slipped into gloom and decay. But heroes arise just when their lands need them the most. Courageous adventurers brave the ruins of past ages and the foul creatures within to uncover the treasures of their ancestors. The Daqan Barons, inheritors of the ancient kingdoms, rebuild their walls and muster their armies, while the wizards of Greyhaven gather runes of power to awaken guardians of stone and steel. These preparations come none too soon, for the ancient enemies of the lawful races are stirring again, and Terrinoth needs champions of courage and cunning to stand against the rising darkness.

The Realms of Terrinoth book is divided into three sections. The first part looks at the history of the world of Mennara. Part two introduces new and expanded mechanics for the Genesys system, including expanding character archetypes and careers from those found in the Genesys Core Rulebook, along with new races, rules, gear, weapons, magic, skills, talents and more. The third part of the book takes you on a tour of Mennara. Terrinoth is one land of many, and this section gives individual entries for the areas, including a list of notable NPCs found in each.

You can find out more about the Realms of Terrinoth on the FFG website.

Von Ether

Legend
I wondered why they took forever to this setting book, but at first FFG just dropped RPGs as non-profitable for a long time, then they did RPGs only as licenced deals. Now I think this is part of their push to become their own brand Even on the Runebound board game, they have more than enough art assets.

Jhaelen

First Post
Hmm. Is there anything noteworthy about the Terrinoth setting? I always felt it's about as generic a fantasy setting as it gets...

Von Ether

Legend
I can't remember their name, but there was the ferox, I think.

Instead of orcs or zombies, they had these feral humanoids and mistress that could control them. I don't remember why that stood out to me. I also think the big bads also had some flavorful text in Runebound . I'd have to look up their cards.

On the other hand, their picture of the monk heroine was utter cheesecake. Like "you can't even do your job in that outfit" cheesecake.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Various setting and genre appropriate books will be needed since the core book is pretty light.
I look forward to these setting books!

aramis erak

Legend
It boggles my mind that FFG is doubling down on their narrative dice system, it must make them $ but I just don't understand how anyone can like it.

• It provides 3-axis results
  • It provides players a chance to narrate part of the setting without leaving the trad mode of play
  • It is easier on the math averse than many games.

And that's without considering the editing, layout, and physical quality of the books and dice.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
What arramis said.
This system is not for everyone.

Normally, it has things in it I really, really dislike in games:

* opposed rolls
* dice pools
* narrative

...but, the way this system is put together, it is amazing.
I love the non-binary results!

Everr since I started to get into writing more and looking at writing novels, I have found the FFG's narrative dice system and Fate to be mindblowing!

Fate, seriously, everyone should learn Fate. =)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads