• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiction - Black Crusade

(In other words, please do a graphic novel of this so I can buy it...)

Heh. It's not my call to make (WotC owns the rights), and even if it was, I wouldn't be the one doing it, since I have all the artistic skill of a near-sighted chihuahua with its tail in a light socket. ;)

(I wish I was kidding. There's a very good reason I'm a writer and not an illustrator.)

But I'd certainly love to see such a thing happen, myself.

I don't know anything about making a graphic novel, but having a great story has got to be half the challenge, right?

Well, regardless, I look forward to seeing the next chapter. It's pretty much the only fun reading I can squeeze into my schedule right now.

Jib

First Post
Ari I wish I had you for a DM! You plots are detailed and gritty. A sense of realism bound in a fantasy setting. I also like your dark "Lovecraftian" handling of the setting.

When Ravenloft returns to 4E I hope you drive the setting for feel and description.

Ari I wish I had you for a DM!

Well, my friends would tell you to be careful what you wish for, since over the past few months, I've been so busy I've had to put my game on indefinite hold. :(

But I appreciate the sentiment. :)

I also like your dark "Lovecraftian" handling of the setting.

Thanks. :) (Very minor spoiler, for those who haven't read this far)...

[sblock]I knew from the beginning that I wanted to try to weave that sort of thing into the background of Malosia, especially in the description and discovery of the "old religion." [/sblock]It's not a major plot point in Black Crusade, but I wanted to establish it early on because--back before the Ravenloft: Dominion novel line was canceled :.-(--that was going to become much more of a major factor in future novels I'd planned to write.

Jib

First Post
You also have a good feel for the old world "Fairie Tale" concept...Not all fairies are nice friendly tinkerbells. And they demand they get cream or will chase the cows all night long!

Remove ads