• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FIERY DRAGON-- New Counter Collections!

Nikchick

Explorer
FDP-jason said:

Hmmm. That is an interesting one. I guess it really falls down to how much the names are product identity and which are open. I have not seen the license for that product so cannot really comment. We had previously asked to do some counters for Scarred Lands/Creature Collection but were turned down -so don't be too hopeful :rolleyes: .

Ok, I'm just being nosey here, but was before, during, or after the period when you were all under the S&S banner? If they wouldn't let you do counters when you were all "on the same team" that's just, well, rather lame.

:mad:

Nicole

JoeGKushner

First Post
FDP-jason said:

Hmmm. That is an interesting one. I guess it really falls down to how much the names are product identity and which are open. I have not seen the license for that product so cannot really comment. We had previously asked to do some counters for Scarred Lands/Creature Collection but were turned down -so don't be too hopeful :rolleyes: .

Turned down? How bogus. I know that Clark is working on making many parts of the book OGC with information to help others use it properly.

I am surprised by the Scarred Lands bit though. I guess visual representation is just too much to ask. And this from a company that used to be under the same umbrella. Oh well, PI is PI and some take much more care with it than others. Understandable but it would've been cool to have counters for 'em.

Fiery James

First Post
Re: Necromancer Games

Jaws said:
Will you guys make a Counter Collection for The Tome of Horrors (subtitle: A Fiendish Folio of Creatures) by Necromancer Games?
Now that would be awesome.

Peace and smiles

j.

Interestingly enough, Clark and I have exchanged e-mails on this very subject. We're both interested, but I'm waiting to see what the first few Packs do, sales-wise, before we commit to anything with them.

- James

Fiery James

First Post
Nikchick said:

Ok, I'm just being nosey here, but was before, during, or after the period when you were all under the S&S banner? If they wouldn't let you do counters when you were all "on the same team" that's just, well, rather lame.

:mad:

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

During the time we were distributed by S&S, we suggested that we do an entire Counter Collection based on the monsters in Creature Collection I & II. At that time, we were asked to hold off on the idea because:

1) They were kicking around the idea of doing Scarred Lands miniatures (some people probably remember discussion about this on their site mid-last year), and

2) They were thinking about maybe introducing counters in some of their products.

I think, in the end, they've probably decided to steer clear of both ideas, or at hold of on the development of miniatures for a bit. I think we've proven that including counters with adventures is a very expensive process, even moreso when you're working with S&S-sized print runs.

- James

Nikchick

Explorer
Fiery James said:
I think, in the end, they've probably decided to steer clear of both ideas, or at hold of on the development of miniatures for a bit. I think we've proven that including counters with adventures is a very expensive process, even moreso when you're working with S&S-sized print runs.

Alright, I guess I don't have to go crack any shins on your behalf. ;)

Nicole

FDP-jason

First Post
CP1 Counter List

For the curious, here is a list of what is included in Counter Pack 1. AOTA is Armies of the Abyss by Green Ronin. LOH is Legions of Hell also by Green Ronin. MM is your Core Rulebook 3.

cp1-list.jpg

Selganor

Adventurer
Great now, I only have to get the Counter pack to count those creatures to update my list of Fiery Dragon products.

BTW: WHEN will it be in stores and how can my favorite retailers (here in Germany) get the Fiery Dragon products from now on ?

Dartnet X

First Post
What I whant to see

In latter counter packs and collections I wish to see,

1. More anmals. Both the normal and the Dire versions.
How about some Dinos? Dire Dinos? (AYEAAA) At least evrything that can be summond by the Summon Natures Ally and the Summon Monster spells.

2. Atomic Horror stuff. ie 1950's Millitary stuff like Tanks, Jets, Army troops, and Jeeps. Bloobs, Big Bugs, Little Green Men, Flying Sausers, Giant Humans, and Killer critters. Characters, angery teens, Scientists, G men, Cops, ect. Plus you could do some really big counters for Godzillia like monsters.
(BTW this is the style of game I am going to run for CoC)
:D

3. Pulp.

4. OA like stuff. Genric Samuri, Ninja, Kung Fu fighters. ect.

5. Modren Normal types. Counters that will work well to fit in to 20 Modren games. Not everyone is going to wear tights.

6. Entire Armys. Orcs, Elves, Humans, Undead, and Dwarves.

7. Steampunk/Old West.

8. Swashbucklers.

Hope this helps.

Dartnet X

Remove ads