• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FIERY DRAGON-- New Counter Collections!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Woo hoo!

1) Most of the names are pretty descriptive, but could you guys post a rundown of some other stuff? The Dungeon one in particular... what's it got?

2) Can you PLEASE post the full list of counters (by name, and with an illustration each) on the back of the product? One of the collections did this, and one did not, and although I can't remember which is which, I remember being distressed that I didn't have it when I needed it. Beyond just knowing what's inside the shrink wrap, I relied on that 'index' to know what monster was what.

3) Are you guys open to suggestions on what to include? Or what NOT to include? (Please, no more run of the mill demi-humans and humans! Give us monsters!)

I can't wait for these collections!

Wulf

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Impressions is pleased to add Fiery Dragon to its client lineup. If
you are not aware, Fiery Dragon has left White Wolf to pursue
independent projects. All old Fiery Dragon products produced through
White Wolf will still be available through White Wolf. With the
changes, Fiery Dragon announces the following upcoming products:

FIERY DRAGON (FDP) www.fierydragon.com
FDP4000 Demons & Devils (D20 Counter Pack) $10.95 Jun 2002
Size: 4.375"x11", 16 pages
ISBN: 1-894693-07-8
Featuring all of the "standard" evil creatures from the Core Rules,
PLUS a variety of monsters from Green Ronin's Legions of Hell and
Armies of the Abyss. Includes 8 pages of full color counters and 8
pages on how to randomly create your own Demons and Devils! Related
titles: Counter Collection I (WW16040, ISBN 1-58846-172-6), Legions
of Hell (GRR1005, ISBN 0970104847), Armies of the Abyss (GRR1012,
ISBN 0971438005)

FDP4001 Tribes, Clans & Cults (D20 Counter Pack) $10.95 Jul 2002
ISBN: 1-894693-08-6
Eight complete sets of enemy organizations, from an ogre tribe
featuring a mighty mage leader, a shaman, various warriors and other
ogre personalities, to a goblin tribe, with a goblin prince and his
bodyguard, a psionic advisor, several classed warriors, and various
lackeys. Featuring templates that can be added on to any standard
creature to instantly create "Leaders", "Shamans", "Guards", and
other staples of the monster community, and a complete fire giant
clan with all the counters for playing the adventure Beyond All
Reason. Related titles: Counter Collection I (WW16040, ISBN 1-58846-
172-6), Counter Collection II (WW16014, ISBN 1-58846-173-4), Beyond
All Reason (WW16003, ISBN 1-58846-177-7).

FDP4002 Dwellers in Dungeons & Darkness (D20 Counter Pack) $10.95 Aug
ISBN: 1-894693-09-4
A collection of creatures encountered in the most classic of fantasy
adventure settings. ALSO - this collection will feature the complete
counter set for the Monte Cook adventure, Queen of Lies. Related
titles: Counter Collection I (WW16040, ISBN 1-58846-172-6), Counter
Collection II (WW16014, ISBN 1-58846-173-4), Queen of Lies (WW16005,
ISBN 1-58846-191-2).

FDP4003 Eldritch Horrors & Occult Investigators (D20 Cthulhu Counter
Pack) $10.95 Sept 2002
ISBN: 1-894693-10-8
A collection of counters for use with any edition of the Call of
Cthulhu roleplaying game, featuring assorted oddities to surprise and
terrify all players (walking corpses, giant oozes, hounds from hell,
etc.) Related titles: Counter Collection I (WW16040, ISBN 1-58846-
172-6), Counter Collection II (WW16014, ISBN 1-58846-173-4), Call of
Cthulhu roleplaying game (WTC7613, ISBN 0786926392).

FDP4004 Allies & Adversaries (D20 Superhero Counter Pack) $10.95 Oct
ISBN: 1-894693-11-6
Counters for use with any superhero roleplaying game, featuring
material and characters introduced in the Atomic City Superhero
Setting Sourcebook for the d20 Modern system. Related titles:
Counter Collection I (WW16040, ISBN 1-58846-172-6), Counter
Collection II (WW16014, ISBN 1-58846-173-4), Atomic City (FDP4100,
ISBN 1-894693-23-X).

drnuncheon

Explorer
Morrus said:
FDP4000 Demons & Devils
Featuring all of the "standard" evil creatures from the Core Rules,
PLUS a variety of monsters from Green Ronin's Legions of Hell and
Armies of the Abyss.

(jaw drops open)

OK, this just went from a "might buy" to a "must have" with that bit of news...

FDP4001 Tribes, Clans & Cults
FDP4002 Dwellers in Dungeons & Darkness
A collection of creatures encountered in the most classic of fantasy
adventure settings. ALSO - this collection will feature the complete
counter set for the Monte Cook adventure, Queen of Lies.

(eyes bug out)

You know, when I kept saying I wished QoL had come with counters...I never really expected FDP to come out with them! I am...shocked, amazed, and quite happy!

FDP4003 Eldritch Horrors & Occult Investigators
FDP4004 Allies & Adversaries

Mmmm, Eldritch Horrors...

So will these all be the work of the incredible Mr. Pozas?

J

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
drnuncheon said:

Well, the good news is, it sure sounds like it.

The bad news is, it sounds like they are going to be reusing some counters we have already seen. If you have Of Sound Mind, I am guessing you already have "the goblin prince" his "bodyguard" and his "psionic advisor!"

I also already have a whole lot of drow from one of the counter collections, it sounds like we'll see them again in the Queen of Lies counters.

I'll buy it again though cause I want "special" counters for Beyond All Reason!

I hope they throw some Driders in there too...

drnuncheon

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:

Well, the good news is, it sure sounds like it.

The bad news is, it sounds like they are going to be reusing some counters we have already seen. If you have Of Sound Mind, I am guessing you already have "the goblin prince" his "bodyguard" and his "psionic advisor!"

Well, it'll hurt less for me, because I don't...although I've been tempted to grab both Of Sound Mind and The Giant's Skull just because of the counters.

I also already have a whole lot of drow from one of the counter collections, it sounds like we'll see them again in the Queen of Lies counters.

I hope they throw some Driders in there too...

If it's got everything for 'Queen of Lies' (and it certainly implies it does) there will be a lot of (SPOILERS):

special 'personality' drow (16 of 'em!), plenty of monstrous spiders, some dinosaurs (!), a couple outsiders, generic bugbears, slaves(several races), elf & human warriors, and yes, two driders.

Mmmmm. Driders.

J

Klaus

First Post
Here's a bit of info for all you out there who are curious. I am doing all the Counter Packs, and I'm currently hard at work on the first one, Demons and Devils. I have finished doing all Demons and Devils from the MM, and I have already begun doing the demons from Armies of the Abyss. And some of the creatures that can be encountered in large numbers (specially the low CR ones) have two different images for variety.

Game On!

drnuncheon

Explorer
Klaus said:
Here's a bit of info for all you out there who are curious. I am doing all the Counter Packs, and I'm currently hard at work on the first one, Demons and Devils. I have finished doing all Demons and Devils from the MM, and I have already begun doing the demons from Armies of the Abyss. And some of the creatures that can be encountered in large numbers (specially the low CR ones) have two different images for variety.

Claudio,

You rock. On toast.
So does FDP.

J

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I just noticed the other day that over half my Non-WOTC d20 stuff, is from Fiery Dragon, they keep this up and there going to drive me bankrupt.

Fiery James

First Post
Hey guys,

At the end of the month / beginning of June, we’re going to re-launch our website (FDP Phase III, I’m calling it) and there will certainly be more information posted then.

So, for now, here are some brief answers and comments to the posts above.

Wulf Ratbane said:
1) Most of the names are pretty descriptive, but could you guys post a rundown of some other stuff? The Dungeon one in particular... what's it got?

2) Can you PLEASE post the full list of counters (by name, and with an illustration each) on the back of the product? One of the collections did this, and one did not, and although I can't remember which is which, I remember being distressed that I didn't have it when I needed it. Beyond just knowing what's inside the shrink wrap, I relied on that 'index' to know what monster was what.

3) Are you guys open to suggestions on what to include? Or what NOT to include? (Please, no more run of the mill demi-humans and humans! Give us monsters!)

Morrus’ post of our announcement answered some of those questions, at least as well as I’ll be able to. BUT, here’s some more: I don’t know that we’ll be posting full listings on the back. We will have complete listings INSIDE (on each counter page, actually, detailing what’s there) plus on our website. But, these “Packs” are smaller than the full “Collections” and we just won’t have the room to list everything – they’re about the same size as the FFG mini-adventures.

And, yes – we are open to suggestions. We’ve been getting some great ideas on our messageboards (www.fierydragon.com). Don’t worry, we’re going for MONSTERS!! :)

drnuncheon said:

Yes. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Wulf Ratbane said:

I hope they throw some Driders in there too

Wulf – don’t worry too much! Even though these “Packs” are half the size of the full “Collections”, I expect that each will have MORE original art than Counter Collection I did. There will indeed be some overlap (for example, we’d already done a handful of demons & devils in Collection 2, so we used those again in the Demons & Devils pack, BUT – we also added additional counters of the same creatures, so you could have a few different-looking osyluths or vrocks, or imps…) There are a lot of unique dark elves in Queen of Lies, and it’ll be cool to see them all get their own counter. And driders as well, of course….

drnuncheon said:
although I've been tempted to grab both Of Sound Mind and The Giant's Skull just because of the counters

Hey drnuncheon – you should actually grab Of Sound Mind ‘cause it’s probably one of the best examples of adventure writing available. That’s one case where the counters are absolute gravy. Of Sound Mind rocks!

darwinofmind said:
I just noticed the other day that over half my Non-WOTC d20 stuff, is from Fiery Dragon, they keep this up and there going to drive me bankrupt.

Well, Darwinofmind, better you than us! :) In all seriousness, thanks for the support. We really appreciate it!

- James

Tuerny

First Post
Speaking of the Counter Collections, does anyone have any tips on storing them? I purchased one and two buy my use of them dropped off once I realized how annoying it was to manage a bunch of small counters.

Any suggestions?

Remove ads