Pathfinder 2E Fighter Class Preview

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
I do think that you and others rightfully harbor a concern about the fighter's ability to influence the OoC narrative with their class abilities, and it's possible that Paizo did not think that it was of core importance. Hopefully there will be further clarification or information about that.

I'm less concerned about the fighter's ability to drive out of combat narrative, than I am about game masters that need explanations/hand holding for/regarding how fighting classes (without a lot of skills outside of combat) can drive RP or out of combat narrative.

I'm sure the fighter is going to get a range of skill choices, and if they are using the ancestry/class/theme trifecta like Starfinder, then the Theme will provide extra drive for the fighter class not related to fighting. Beyond that, I don't think you have to be a grumpy old man to state that, "Role play will happen, and you don't need permission on the character sheet to do it."

SirGalrim

Explorer
Finally I am convinced. PF2 seems to really not be the game for me. Not that I expected it to be. I am surprised they want to go down this route. I'll rather use 5e or even stick with 3.5/PF1.

Arakasius

First Post
Curious why this blog would do that. All they released here was a few class feat options for the fighter and they all seem reasonable. I can understand being upset about resonance or proficiency, but this seems pretty tame.

Finally I am convinced. PF2 seems to really not be the game for me. Not that I expected it to be. I am surprised they want to go down this route. I'll rather use 5e or even stick with 3.5/PF1.

I don't feel like I have enough information here to feel one way or the other yet. Curious what straw did this for you.

R

RevTurkey

Sounds like the Fighter might finally be getting some long overdue love. Encouraging info :)

unknowable

Explorer
I am getting sick of the moaning regarding opportunity attacks.

They have already said that other classes can pick it up, this is likely to be the case for most martial. It won't be do or die at level 1 and surprisingly enough, despite what people seem to think, it actually does take a fair amount of martial training to be able to take advantage of these opportunities in real life combat, let alone the sort of over the top gonzo stuff that pathfinder is aiming for.

I for one am glad that fighters are getting SOME love, even if that means taking complex combat training away from other level one classes.

Arakasius

First Post
I'm just glad that the battlefield in 2 won't be this annoying AoO snoozefest. I don't know how many times I've seen a player avoid taking on the bigger threat in the back because of how "scared" they were of the 2-3 AoOs they'd get going there. (and I include myself in this criticism) Generic AoOs for everyone discourages movement. So does full attacking in the way PF1 did. I'm glad they revamped both, because the one thing 5e does really get right when I watch it is movement actually matters and isn't the suboptimal choice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases