D&D 5E Fighting a tarasque using bag of holding shenanagins.

J.D. Torok

First Post
We are about to start a campaign that all characters are by the Dms wishes intentionally op. He has announced that he intends to kill our characters and is throwing a tarasque at us at level 9.

I have a plan that I'm going to call plan omega that is a last resort to defeat the tarasque. It involves 3 parts. I'm playing a druid. At 9th level I'll have flying wild shapes. My plan is if it looks like we cant win to have our sorlock cast haste on himself have the him ride on my back tie a bag of holding to an immovable rod which he will us an action to stick to the tarasques back. I'll fly 30 feet away and then he will use mage hand to put a second bag of holding on the first creating a gate to the astral plane that will suck up the tarasque but not us.

I think that all should work. Our Dm had given us those items willy nilly in other campaigns and although i think he might be slightly annoyed about the surprise he should allow it. Can anyone see any glaring faults i missed?

J.D. Torok

First Post
We haven't actually started this campaign but in previous ones we each got one because he didn't want us to fight over them. Also isnt the lore that only one tarasque exists?

corwyn77

Adventurer
Ah, lore, schmore. If the players can shenanagin, so can the GM. Besides, the description merely says "it is widely believed that only one of these creatures exists."

Okay, would you believe its two Balor handlers?

J.D. Torok

First Post
I totally believe he'd throw another monster or two, but i think hes too good of a sport to throw a tarasques twin at us after we creatively dispatch it.

Anakzar

First Post
Random comment: In Spelljammer lore there is a planet in the Realmspace system that has terasques roaming the surface... They are the dominate life form on the surface and eat smaller reptiles, below the surface there is a whole planet full of mindflayers.

LarryD

First Post
Cast polymorph on the tarrasque, turn it into a toad, toss the toad in the B of H, throw the B of H into a portable hole.

My interpretation of an immovable rod is that it is immovable in space relative to the local planetary surface (or whatever passes for such). If that's the way your DM sees it, you cannot attach it to a creature. Make sure to find out how he rules the item before trying it on the tarrasque.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I posted the perfect solution to your problem, but then the Terrasque came along and ate it.

Since your DM has Rule Zero on his side, you'd better prepare the Imaginary Number Rule: piss off the players, and the DM will have only imaginary players remaining.

Remove ads