Pathfinder 1E Fighting a Vargouille

The Poison comes from the "Bite".

If someone is bitten, they must make a DC12 Fort save or suffer the "effect" of the poison.

The effect of the poison is that: the damage becomes hard to cure. When a caster casts Cure Light Wounds on that victim, they must make a DC20 "Caster Level Check" or the spell fizzles, and they lose the spell. That's a d20+(their Level in the spell casting class). i.e very hard. Note: no "ability modifier" such as WIS or CHA gets added to that roll.

Pablo Calderoni

First Post
I'm DMing the CATACOMBS of WRATH from Rise Of The Runelords tomorrow... read the whole thread, still have a question... would the AOO, if possible from a non paralyzed PC, interrupt the Creature's attempt to kiss a paralyzed victim? I'd asume it since shouldn't be easy to Kiss a victim while being under attack. Thanks!

Nagol

Unimportant
I'm DMing the CATACOMBS of WRATH from Rise Of The Runelords tomorrow... read the whole thread, still have a question... would the AOO, if possible from a non paralyzed PC, interrupt the Creature's attempt to kiss a paralyzed victim? I'd asume it since shouldn't be easy to Kiss a victim while being under attack. Thanks!

The kiss provokes an AoO, but unlike spell casting, has no disruption mechanic. It is more akin to firing a bow in melee range: it represents a lowered defensive stance an opponent can take advantage of but being hit doesn't prevent the gambit from moving forward assuming the hit doesn't otherwise prevent it.

Pablo Calderoni

First Post
Thanks ! My players just killed Tsuto and reached lvl 2, I'm having them going into the Catacombs now. Though the Vargouille is not very "strong", it does have a quite deadly ability, I'm surprised they put such creature at this point of the Campaing.

Remove ads