Fighting in the Same Square: Back to back!

kyoshiro1833

First Post
I am building a character who will ideally fight alongside his cohort in such a way that they both stand in the same square during combat. I remember there being an elf-only class somewhere that basically allows this and also provides bonuses to those fighting together, but I can't recall where to find it. If anyone knows of a way to have two PC's fighting in the same square, or knows the class I'm talking about, please shout it out! :D

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I am not familiar with any option to do this (not to say it doesn't exist), but I am wondering why you would want to do this? What is the advantage? Just fight back-to-back in adjacent squares.

If you're both in the same square, you can both be flanked at the same time, and any spell or effect that targets that square will hit both of you.

Voort

Explorer
It's not elf-compatible, but the Swarmfighter feat from Complete Fighter lets up to four small-size allies fight in the same square (and adds morale bonus to attacks for each ally in the square). The drawback is that each character needs to take the Swarmfighter feat.

Remove ads