Final Kickstarter page review request

Very sad that the shipping is so so high, so I am out. I've not seen that level of shipping costs before, and I back many KS and buy a lot from the US/UK/Eu. How are the books getting from the printer to backer? Is there a middleman company taking its cut? 20 Sterling for both books I would go for, that is in line with normal shipping costs. But 20 per book? No way, sorry

Wish you the best though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very sad that the shipping is so so high,

Me too! I have to pay that for my own copies, too! International shipping is getting out of control (and from what I hear, it's only going to get worse). It's the bane of Kickstarters worldwide.

I see from the stretch goals that PoD might come into play. I'll certainly keep an eye on it as PoD (Lulu or RPGNow) both have significantly cheaper shipping for me, and I can add it into other orders. If you go Hard Cover I will also have a check of finances and reconsider.

Critique:
I agree the pledge stuff is far far too long, put the basics in the pledge boxes elaborate in the text

You spelt Glamour wrong in the Glamor Shots text. Glamor is incorrect and not just a US version.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I see from the stretch goals that PoD might come into play. I'll certainly keep an eye on it as PoD (Lulu or RPGNow) both have significantly cheaper shipping for me, and I can add it into other orders. If you go Hard Cover I will also have a check of finances and reconsider.

PoD printing costs are 2-4 times as much, though, unfortunately. Otherwise all Kickstarters would be PoD-only.

But keep an eye on it. I'm constantly getting new quotes, and will pass on any savings I discover.

nerfherder

Explorer
American donors don't like to deal with weird foreign money!
I'm curious why. Is it because they worry that there may be extra bank charges, they don't know how to find out the exchange rate, or that their bank might not be able to pay in a foreign currency, or something else?

Russ, I have seen other British Kickstarters with pound values, and approximate dollar values in parentheses. I would recommend rounding those up slightly to account for any possible currency swings over the month (I'm sure nobody minds being charged less than the estimate).

Kinak

First Post
Russ, I have seen other British Kickstarters with pound values, and approximate dollar values in parentheses. I would recommend rounding those up slightly to account for any possible currency swings over the month (I'm sure nobody minds being charged less than the estimate).
This is a good suggestion.

Cheers!
Kinak

Halivar

First Post
Thankfully, the 60 pound option translates to a nice, even $100.

If you can get that option in time, that is. Alas, I'll be at the gym until 12:30, so I suspect those spots will be taken.

Remove ads