D&D 5E Firbolg Variant

JosMartigan

Villager
Using this variant as a 5e conversion for Ogiers from Wheel of Time. Please give me some feedback. Is it OP?
I've based this off of the WoT Sourcebook for d20. Ogier had A LOT of abilities including lowlight vision and +2 to Fort saves which I didn't try to justify here. They DID have a ban on spellcasting, martial weapons, exotic weapons, heavy armor, and medium armor. I did not try to justify the ban on spellcasting here either.

Ogier 5e stats (Firbolg variant): “Treebrother”
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom increases by 2 and your Strength increases by 1
Age. Firbolg have long lifespans. A firbolg reaches adulthood around 30, and the oldest of them can live for 500 years.
Alignment. As people who follow the rhythm of nature and see themselves as its caretakers, firbolg are typically neutral good.
Size. Firbolg are between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 240 and 300 pounds. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.
Treebrother Magic. You know the Shillelagh cantrip. Once you reach 6th level, you can also cast the Plant Growth spell once. You must finish a long rest to cast these spells again with this trait. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Steading Skills. You have proficiency in two of the following of your choice: Arcana, Herbalism Kit, History, Nature, Mason’s Tools, or Woodcarver’s Tools.
Keen Ears. You have advantage on Perception skill checks that rely on hearing.
Uncombative. Treebrother Firbolgs are a peaceable people. Regardless of your class, you may never gain proficiency with medium or heavy armor and with martial weapons.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Sylvan, and Giant.

Remove ads