D&D 5E First Eberron campaign!

pukunui

Legend
There could also be the following short adventure

1st level
  • The Mark of Prophecy (4e Eberron book)

I really like this adventure. The prelude in the day of mourning, the skill challenge and the fight with the trap stand out to me
Since it's a 4e adventure, how easy is it to convert to 5e? (I generally find it easier to convert 3e or older adventures to 5e than the 4e ones.)

Bolares

Hero
Since it's a 4e adventure, how easy is it to convert to 5e? (I generally find it easier to convert 3e or older adventures to 5e than the 4e ones.)
I played it in 5e before eberron came out. the adventure was easy enough to adapt, just the trap was a little tricky.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
5E easily adapt 4E stuff and if you ever need help or have question come ask here you will get help faster than light ;)

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
We had to postpone our first session from today till next weekend, and I’m actually glad, as it meant I had time to start reading through these adventures. I really like the first one, and I think it would fit in perfectly as I am intending to have the PCs join the Clifftop Adventurers’ Guild. I can also say that the gnome artificer PC already knows the gnome artificer NPC.

I particularly appreciate that the author has made good use of the fail forward approach. There also seems to be good attention to detail and lore.

EDIT: I’m not as impressed with the second one, but I think I can tweak it to my liking. (The main thing I don’t like about it is the idea that the PCs have to trek westward through the mountains for three days till they find a hidden cave, then backtrack eastward through the tunnels for another three days. I might just cut that out and have them be able to find the hidden valley from the surface.)
Yeh, I did quite a bit of adjustment of these, cut out some that were not as good and changed them all to fit my PC's background. My group was part of the Boramar clan, so there was an organised crime slant to everything.

pukunui

Legend
Tomorrow's the big day!

My players have all agreed to have their gnomes be Cyran refugees. All but one of the PCs is built.

We have got:
  • Glissando Lyrriman d'Sivis - Mark of Scribing gnome bard 1 (will join the College of Lore at 3rd level)
  • Sunny Glitterfall - enlarged forest gnome barbarian 1 (will go with totem warrior at 3rd level)
  • Catnip Evergreen - forest gnome ranger 1 (will go with swarmkeeper at 3rd level)
  • Dimble Ironhide - rock gnome artificer 1 (player is leaning towards battle smith at 3rd level)
  • Nissa Nackle - forest gnome paladin 1 (religion = Silver Flame; player is unsure of subclass)

We'll work out how they all know each other as part of our Session 0 tomorrow. But I'm going to establish that they've recently arrived in Sharn, where they've all joined the Clifftop Adventurers' Guild. I will kick things off with Fired & Forgotten, the first episode of the Convergence Manifesto campaign.*

Then I will introduce the Golden Vault (members of the Chamber?) and run The Murkmire Malevolence (placing the museum on the grounds of Morgrave University).

If the players are up for another 1st level adventure, I'll run either The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces or Forgotten Relics.

Then I'll run Trust No One as their first 2nd level adventure. Will probably run two or three more short adventures before bumping them to 3rd level. And so on ...

*I'm not sure yet if I will run that full campaign. I may skip some of the weaker adventures and just say that the rival Deathsgate crew completed those missions for the patron.

Last edited:

Remove ads