• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First pic of Jared Leto's Joker

Shoddy writing is pretty harsh. From all the teaser photos and poses, this is clearly the Joker from The Killing Joke. What aspects of that version of the Joker do you feel they're making extreme changes from?

I haven't read The Killing Joke, so that may be where some of my ignorance of this version comes from. Shoddy writing may also be a bit harsh, but I lacked a proper metaphor at the time :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't read The Killing Joke, so that may be where some of my ignorance of this version comes from. Shoddy writing may also be a bit harsh, but I lacked a proper metaphor at the time :)

You should! Like Dark Knight Returns, it's one of the important Batman books. And both of those clearly inspire the characters in this interpretation.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
the more I look at that pic, I think it is a mock up to be used for reaction, it looks like something I have seen for American Psycho or Fight Club.

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
You should! Like Dark Knight Returns, it's one of the important Batman books. And both of those clearly inspire the characters in this interpretation.
I had to look it up, but seeing as it's been written by Alan Moore, it pretty much has to be brilliant!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The three influential graphic novels, all of which have clear tendrils right through this movie are:

(Spoilers, especially the first one):

[sblock]
Batman_Death_In_The_Family_TPB_cover.jpg

Killingjoke.JPG

Dark_knight_returns.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads