D&D 5E Fixing Eldritch Blast

Werebat

Explorer
Eldritch Blast does not do enough damage, and is not interesting enough. What are some new invocations people have seen or can come up with that will remedy this?

Psychman

Explorer
Eldritch Blast does not do enough damage, and is not interesting enough. What are some new invocations people have seen or can come up with that will remedy this?
I am puzzled. How do you figure it doesn't do enough damage? With Agonising Blast invocation, it is doing multiple instances of 1d10+CHA per action, sitting alongside the Fighter attack pattern.

Flavour variation I would be interested in exploring, alternative damage type, different riders etc, so I look forward to seeing what ideas there are.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

I would much rather see invocations that have nothing to do with Eldritch Blast. Ones that would make non-Eldritch Blast builds more viable.

neogod22

Explorer
It's the most powerful cantrip in the game. I would like to see an invocation that can make it an optional melee spell attack, like an Eldritch Sword.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Henry

Autoexreginated
I once watched a level 6 warlock do the lion's share of damage to a Fire giant from 200 feet away. Eldritch blast works pretty well, IMO.

neogod22

Explorer
Short of warriors with magic weapons and feats that gives them extra attacks and damage, no one out damages a warlock.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

CapnZapp

Legend
Eldritch Blast is wildly overpowered, given that it matches and exceeds the powers of archery (same damage plus the force push; also Devil's Sight for permanent advantage).

Only the fact feats can be applied to archery but not EB saves archers from going obsolete.

Please don't allow your improvements to stack with a multiclassed Warlock.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Yunru

Banned
Banned
No cantrip does enough damage. A cantrip vs 1 target is supposed to do 1d10 with half on a miss.
Or 25% more if it doesn't have half-on-a-miss. So 1d12.
Thus both Fireball and Eldritch Blast should do 1d12 unless they have some interesting rider.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Eldritch Blast is wildly overpowered, given that it matches and exceeds the powers of archery.

Only the fact feats can be applied to archery but not EB saves archers from going obsolete.

Please don't allow your improvements to stack with a multiclassed Warlock.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

You don't get fighting styles with Eldritch Blast?

Remove ads