• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flaws in your game

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*has cared about staying on topic all of...5 seconds* :p :)

My worst thing is I can never seem to find or sustain a group of people for longer than two weeks. :p

Hussar

Legend
Hrm. I would say my biggest flaw is in characterizing NPC's. I really have trouble with it and this leads to the players not bothering to interact with NPC's all that much. I'm working on it, but, it's definitely my weakest point.

fusangite

First Post
Gen Con really reminded me of how far I've departed from writing for a general audience and how much my games have lost as a result. I love writing games that are hyper-intellectual puzzles that require outside research, enable massive meta-gaming and are generally elitist "guess what I'm thinking" games. But, after running a few games pitched at a general audience at Gen Con, I'm thinking of getting back to writing games that can please a wider ranger of players. Right now, my the two games I run are so hyper-intellectual, half the stuff that's happening is incomprehensible and cool only to me -- that's not to say that they players I have aren't having an incredible time -- but still...

Nightfall

Fung,

Tell you what, you write me an adventure, I'll run it. :p :)

Hussar,

How about it, Huss, wanna come spend the week with me? ;)

Hussar

Legend
The flight's a tad expensive. :)

I keep telling ya, try OpenRPG. It's the way to go.

Although, I think I did see your name on the forum there a bit ago.

Nightfall

Probably. I have accounts in a lot of places. Nightfall isn't limited, just not omnipresent. :p :) I'm semi-omni-presentable though.

Hey I'll do the paying for the flight. Though I'd prefer to ship you in a crate if that's not too much of a hassle... ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sometimes I'm so into my PC I forget to temper my roleplay with paying attention to the fun of others. This HAS led to occasional friction between me an my chums.

As a GM, sometimes I make campaign design mistakes or erroneous in-game rulings that I don't catch until its too late to correct.

ThirdWizard

First Post
More buildup than result. I'll spend 5 sessions building up to something revealed in 5 minutes.

Too much off-topicness. I make more jokes than the rest of the group too often.

Sometimes focusing consequences of PC actions even if they aren't fun (should be both).

Those are my three major flaws.

Remove ads