Flight of the Resistance

Quickleaf

Legend
Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple
5:58 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Faint rustling of the arboray trees to the west-by-southwest served as a reminder of the looming presence of the AT-FRC walker in the rainforest. Whatever the lustrous white scrap metal was, it seemed to be having a confounding effect not just on Rex's scanner but on the walker's as well. At least for the time being the cover was enough to fool the walker, but it wouldn't last for long. To the northeast, the trio of stormtroopers Rico had evaded earlier make a careful survey of the ruined temple, the sergeant - identifiable by his red shoulder pip - tapping his comms which were not impossibly jammed thanks to Rex.

As Garett called out the control console pictograms to Arsinoë, the sergeant's head snapped up, and he silently waved in the direction of the dais. The First Order was closing in. Inside the chunk of dried coral at the center of the dais, Arsinoë could make out three hollowed out sections, as if each were smoothly bored out with some kind of a precision instrument. Within each there was a dark blue sphere engraved with faint golden pictograms. As soon as she brought her hand close to a sphere, the pictograms of that sphere were dimly illuminated. Spinning the first sphere she found a humanoid in a dome, just like Garett said. Easy enough. She pressed it. But then the spheres sunk within the depression and the sound of mechanical spinning came from within the coral control console. The spheres had rolled around and shifted to different hollowed out sections! And the First Order was closing in! This was going to be trickier than it seemed!

Rex's scan of the immediate vicinity revealed that the coral control console was not a computer, at least not in the conventional sense. Scanning through the coral, the astromech found that at the microscopic level the console was designed using primitive computer chips laid with a gel matrix of holding some kind of marine invertebrate neurons. A "living" computer so to speak. It clearly wasn't powered by electricity in the conventional sense...

GM: Sorry for the delay [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=6788545]xynthoros[/MENTION] [MENTION=14655]Green Karl[/MENTION] [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]!

"Arsinoë that dias is a control console. Find the image of a humanoid in a dome. Press that then look for the pictogram of a starfish inside a triangle. The triangle should be inside several concentric circles. Rotate the triangle clockwise."
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] Rather than having Arsinoë make a Perception check, let's go with a Difficulty 2 Cool or Discipline check to represent working an unfamiliar old system under the duress of being discovered by the First Order.

[MENTION=6788545]xynthoros[/MENTION] A Difficulty 2 Knowledge (Xenology) or Medicine check will let Rex devise a way to power up the control module and the dais it rests on.

4BTfIQZ.png

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
28iamw9.jpg

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Jedi Temple
5:59 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Arsinoë hoped she was doing this right. She didn’t know what this thing was, and the stormtroopers were starting to close in. She followed Garrett’s directions, trying to find and activate the right pictograms. Her stomach fluttered nervously and she forced herself into her breathing exercises she did before a performance as she worked.

http://orokos.com/roll/507913: 3eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat

Garrett curse as he presses up against the metal scrap to avoid showing himself to the walker. They were pinned and would soon be seen by the walker or the stormtroopers. Garrett closes his eyes. There had to be a way out of this. He flet that part of him that pointed him where he needed to go. That part of him had never pointed him wrong and it seemed to be able to find the most hidden of paths.

OOC: Not sure how this would work but want to use my Seek power to try and find a way out. The power states that I can spend a force point to see through all sensory misdirection (F&D p.302). Roll below.

Seek Roll: 2eA+2eD+1eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side

I will spend the force point.

Quickleaf

Legend
Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple
6:00 PM/Sunset at 6:45

The stormtroopers were nearly rounding the row of ruined pillars, the hints of their helmets bobbing up and down as they traversed the rough roots overgrowing the temple floor. As Arsinoë grasped a triangular block in time before a sealing hatch could sever her wrist, she felt it twist counterclockwise as Garrett instructed. Suddenly, the dais, some 12-feet in diameter, dropped and inch with a resounding groan that echoed throughout the complex. However, it stopped as if jammed or lacking a power source.

"Over there!" called out one of the stormtroopers upon hearing the sound, and the trio on foot hustled to take cover and aim their blaster rifles.

More pictograms began to whirl within the coral control module, intermittent dimly glowing symbols visible through the holes in the coral. What was she to do? Wildly guessing, Arsinoë punched the triangular button down. The sphere of symbols within the coral module seemed to begin rolling in a different direction within the module. Rex seemed to be puzzling over the module, unable to find a dataport. Power? Where would something like this get power from? Her innocence paid off in spades when Arsinoë instinctively punched a pictogram looking like a solar panel shielding the exterior of the temple. Then toppling rock sounded from the southern arm of the temple, and large solar arrays could be seen rising from the walls. The dais groaned beneath the feet of Arsinoë, Rico, and Kospirian – the solars must have been charging after a long time inert, the power not yet running to the control module controlling the dais.

GM: Threat from Arsinoë's check was the noise, but the 4 successes I interpreted her as getting lucky and accidentally activating a power source.

Red shapes moved across Garrett's closed eyes, the sense of being in the calm before a fight subsiding into just calm. He needed a way out, a way out of immediate danger, a way out of the jungle swarming with the First Order, a way off Kabal and out into the stars... Like the many times his inner senses guided him to the best scrap heaps, Garrett finds his gaze drawn toward the center of the complex. In his mind's eye, he could see everything laid out clearly – the narrow gap at the base of the central ziggurat which he could roll inside of, the distraction the dais and solar panels could provide to the stormtroopers as he circle around them, and the pillars which would provide better cover from the walker's powerful guns.

GM: I interpreted success on Garrett's Vigilance roll to see through cloaking fields, holograms, Force illusions, and other sensory misdirection.

I interpreted the 2 (light side) Force Points to gain insight into the general location/direction of a way out of Garrett's predicament. "Predicament" is super vague & escaping isn't the same as going after a person/object, so I interpreted "predicament" in a broad sense, which seems in keeping with how the Force works.

I interpreted the 2 advantages as giving information about how to reach that escape route, as in possible steps necessary.

OOC: Yeah I know it was vague but Garrett is grasping at straws. When he does that he leans on his power.

Garrett enters the calm and his mind clears showing him the solar panels and the entrance. The path and steps seared into his mind. He opens his eyes.

"Rex follow me."

Garrett breaks from cover and moves following the path his mind gave him. As he runs past Arsinoë and the others he yells.

"Come on we're getting out of here."

GreenKarl

First Post
Kospirian glances over at Garrett, thinking Are you crazy?, but then hearing the advancing troopers figures we have got to get out of here, maybe he knows the way? With that he will follow behind Rex to make sure the droid doesn't have any problems moving over any irregular ground...

Thateous

Explorer
Rico didn't need to be told twice to move. The situation was growing more dire by the millisecond. He quickly falls in line and follows everyone to what he hopes is safety.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
28iamw9.jpg

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Jedi Temple
6 PM/Sunset at 6:45

“Oh, space it!” Arsinoë exclaimed, striking the dais console as Garrett came running past. “I’m sorry! I don’t know what I’m doing!” she apologized, sprinting after the others, her boots crunching among the coral stone and dirt on the floor of the temple. She hoped Garrett knew where he was going!

Remove ads