• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fling Ally/Enemy Feat effects

Gnimish88

First Post
I like the Fling Ally & Enemy feats from Races of Stone, but am I the only one who thinks that the information included with these feats is a little on the light side? Several obvious questions about how these feats work have occured to me and i would like to get some opinions.

Do you need both hands free to use these feats? One can reasonably presume that you need both hands to throw an enemy, but how about your ally? Are they a one or two-handed thrown weapon? (Judging by the picture on page 140, I would say one-handed if 2 sizes smaller).

Does your enemy take damage for distance traveled as per the Snatch feat (1d6 per 10')?

Does your ally take damage from being thrown? This one could get nasty, since a large creature can throw a medium ally (let us say a dwarf) 25 ft and a small ally (let us say halfling) 75 ft. Add Improved Rock Hurling and the dwarf can go 100 ft and the halfling 200 ft!

On that note, what is the arc of travel?

Why is there no roll for the ally to land on their feet?

What happens if you throw an enemy or ally at a third party? The only thing any of the feats mention is that if you end up in an occupied space, you are prone.

Can a flung ally execute a 'fly-by' attack of some sort? How about a charge? (I can just imagine the halfling readying an action to strike a creature when it is in range...)

I have probably missed a few questions, but that should get things going. How would you all answer these questions.

Last edited:

The Souljourner

First Post
Definitely way on the light side for those feats. They need a half page each, easily. Very cool ideas, but not well thought out. They were obviously never playtested, or someone would have brought up the fact that there's rules for what can go up, but no rules about what happens when they come down.

-The Souljourner

Remove ads