• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fool me once....

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
It's pretty strange how some folks have gotten the books and others haven't. I ordered my box set on Amazon on 6/3, and they were on my doorstep 6/11. Doesn't seem fair to those who pre-ordered a while back. I hope you get yours soon.

I don't know why people are giving Amazon such crap, when it's clear WotC and their distribution channel were unprepared. Amazon can only ship what the distributor gives them, and if the distributor can only get what WotC decides to print.

Keltheos

First Post
I posted this elsewhere, but I stopped depending on Amazon for gaming book releases to be on time when they changed dates daily for Dark Heresy preorders (and now we know why).

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I don't know why people are giving Amazon such crap, when it's clear WotC and their distribution channel were unprepared. Amazon can only ship what the distributor gives them, and if the distributor can only get what WotC decides to print.
I'm not so worried about that. That's life. What I object to is people who ordered the books months after me getting them months before me.

However, I didn't realize the slipcase was the problem. I'll cancel my order for the box set and order the separate books instead.

Argyuile

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:

I find it more likely that amazon ordered some amount but then let people pre-order many more than they originally ordered from WoTC. Then when they wanted to get more they where shocked to discover that WoTC didn't have its own wizard to magically poof them all into existence.

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
That's better.

I just got a decent e-mail from Amazon apologizing for the delay, assuring me that 'first come, first serve' is usually their policy, but that something obviously went wrong, and giving me $25 store credit to cover the extra shipping costs I will incur for buying three books rather than the box set (I live a loooong way away).

Good on ya Amazon.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Amazon can only ship what the distributor gives them, and if the distributor can only get what WotC decides to print.

Pretty sure Amazon is a wholesaler. They should be getting their books without a middle tier distributor. (That's why Amazon is always cheaper.)

SSquirrel

Explorer
June 6th called and amazon told me my order was being packaged as we spoke, would ship from Lex KY and I should have them by the following Monday. Next morning I had the delayed shipping message. I ordered March 1st. I canceled my order online, explained why and went and paid full price at my FLGS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads