• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For all the Drow Ranger Fans...

d12

First Post
While I think its cool that someone went and did this I will point out that neither blade was made by dark elves and they are not described in the books as looking almost identical. Sorry to give a no vote here - don't let me ruin your fun.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Nightfall said:
Innaccurate history for the most part, and yes DAMN expensive. But they are some DAMN cool looking swords!

Agreed. Those swords are badass. Too bad that, yes, according to the books they should look very different from each other.

The grips could be changed, I suppose. And the scabbards made to match. But the blade length, pommel, hilt, blades should be very distinct.

-z, who recently purchased Hadhafang.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Story-wise, I think the swords shouldn't have been so near-identical in design (and I think that even in the recent illustrations, the blades have a bit more of a curve to them); but overall, these are quite nice (and, IMHO, much more viable, actual weapons than the Warhammer sword).

Then again, w/ LotR, I always saw Glamdring & Narsil/Anduril as one-handed swords, and not the bastard swords they're depicted as in the films. But hey, they're pretty cool depictions regardless.

Now if they'd only do an Aegis-Fang replica.... :D It'd go great with my Thor's hammer replica.

fett527

First Post
I'll agree there is no way they should look almost identical. Very cool nonetheless.

I'm having a brain fart and it's been awhile since I read the the Icewind Dale trilogy or the Dark Elf trilogy, but where did Drizzt get Twinkle? I of course always remember where he got Icingdeath as the images of the battle between Wulfgar, Drizzt and Draco Icingdeath have been etched in my mind since High School. I just can't remember if he brought Twinkle from the Underdark or from Montolio or where?

AFGNCAAP

First Post
IIRC, Drizzt recieved Twinkle during the last book of the Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Halfling's Gem. I'm tempted to say that he recieved it as a gift for some deed, but I can't say for sure. Also, IIRC, he may have been without Icingdeath at the time (since Bruenor had Icingdeath will him during his own "Balrog's Fall" moment with the deep dragon in Mithral Hall--it's what saved his life).

Dark Jezter

First Post
Drizzt obtained Icingdeath in The Crystal Shard after he and Wulfgar killed the white dragon Dracos Icingdeath. Despite the fact that the FRCS only presents it as a +3 Frost Scimitar due to the fact that FRCS NPCs were designed to have no better equipment than a regular PC of equal level, I would say that Icingdeath would be a +3 Outsider (Evil) Bane Frostbrand Scimitar based on the way it's described in the novels.

Drizzt got Twinkle in The Halfling's Gem as a gift from a wizard.

Last edited:

Remove ads