For evil, sadistic wizards:

kirinke

First Post
Does anyone have any really unpleasant spells for evil, sadistic wizards to use on their unsuspecting pc prey? need ideas.....

Planesdragon

First Post
kirinke said:
Does anyone have any really unpleasant spells for evil, sadistic wizards to use on their unsuspecting pc prey? need ideas.....
IMC I use a revised version of Evard's Black Tentacles, primarily because I don't want fourteen new combatants to track. One of the minor abilities I use to "balance" it is to let a spellcaster have the tenatcles conduct touch spells.

I fear I might lose players when the BBEG casts Evil's Black Tentacles (again) and decides to remove these pests via Slay Living.

(small note--Slay Living IMC is going to be a Will Save first, and then one fort save per caster level to not take a negative level. Same end result, more chances to not-die.)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
ARandomGod said:
Well,
I made up stats for Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
(Re: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=20)
Basically I made it a fourth level spell that does some damage, and is based on Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter, only with a fort save and PAIN!

Ooh!

Please post the details. (Range, duration, area of effect, amount of damage, effects of the pain, whether the save is partial or if it negates, etc..)

ARandomGod

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
Ooh!

Please post the details. (Range, duration, area of effect, amount of damage, effects of the pain, whether the save is partial or if it negates, etc..)

I've been meaning to write it up and put it on here for a while, to give people a chance to tear it down... er, offer constructive critisism. I haven't playtested it at all. I've also thought of several other varients of the spell, including one that works a lot like Infestation of Maggots (druid spell, magic of fearun).

But why not do it now? I need some reason to type it up finally! Here's a preview. Let's hear some thoughts before I put it up for the general masses to look at. As it is it has lots of flavor. But I figure that it's a custom spell, so more flavor than normal is allowable.

Evard’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: Up seven, no two of which can be more than 45 feet apart.
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will partial (see text)
Spell Resistance: No

For every three caster levels, a long magically animated tentacle of carnivorous plant shoots forth from the casters hand (Max seven). If you shoot multiple tentacles, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures. A single missile can strike only one creature. You must designate targets before roll to hit or damage. The caster makes a ranged touch attack for each tentacle to see if it strikes the target.

Each tentacle does d4+1 points of damage as it wraps around the target, with tendrils forcing their way into any available cracks and crevasses in armor or skin, into wounds or other body openings, or creating openings where none exist. Spikes of various sizes sprout from the writhing tentacles as they grow into the target, causing extreme pain. The pain caused by the tentacles effectively prevents the target affected by any number of tentacles from performing any action (treat as stunned) unless victim makes a will saving throw (DC +1 for every tentacle beyond the first attached to the target) in each round that the victim wishes to attempt an action. A successful saving throw allows one standard action. Creatures immune to pain may ignore this effect.
Tentacles that have done any damage remain after the spell ends, but are no longer animated and do not cause further pain. However damage caused by the spell cannot be healed until the tentacles are removed. They may be removed with a strength check DC 15. If the tentacles are not removed they continue growing inside the target’s body doing 2 con damage per day, eventually killing the target and living off the body as a carnivorous vine. When removed from the body each tentacle does 1 damage, plus 2 damage for each point of con damage inflicted by the tentacle. Attempting removal causes extreme pain, and with each attempted removal the victim must make a fort save (DC 10 +1 per damage done in the removal) or fall unconscious for 6+2d3 rounds. Remove Disease will cause the tentacles to fall off without further pain or damage.

Last edited:

ARandomGod

First Post
ARandomGod said:
Evard’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion

So what do you think... Too much, too little?
There's definitly the idea of some real pain there.

As a fourth level spell I don't think it does TOO much.
I've thought of boosting it up to d6 damage... but damage isn't really the point.

I originally had it an auto hit like magic missile. But I felt that might be too much.

Opinions please!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
There are a few "rat bastard" spells in one of our older releases: Arcane Strife.

Tasty treats that compress spinal disks, and spells like Power Word: Eviscerate...

I have a spell. People say its no where near as good as n00bs think. Youve probably seen the argument, decided to ignore the spell as most do, and never looked back. I say, so long as you arent good aligned or at least arent traditionally good aligned its one of the best low spell level spells in the game especially at mid to high levels.

Sadism from the book of vile darkness is a level two spell perfect for wizards of the emperor palpatine type.

The argument for why it is ok but not great goes a bit like this: its only good when you're dealing damage effectively to the oponent already.

My dismissal of the argument goes a bit like this: have 100 rodents of some kind in a cage or extra dimensional space or in tons of gunny sacks on a horse or something. Find an easy way to cause mass damage to them per round (easy peasy they are just trapped rodents).

Ah but it gets better. It doesnt have to be damage to a person. Thats just for fun. It only has to be damage. So for the real power of the spell just do this: set fire to the battlefield and celebrate becoming the god of luck as you gleefully watch the flames "damage" environmental objects all around you and your checks and saves become comparable to a demigod's.

Remove ads