• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For gods sake, make the links different colors

uv23

First Post
If there's one thing that I can't stand about these boards (and there really is only the one thing) its that the style sheets bypass the web standard of making visited links a different color. When I browse through a messageboard, it is essential to be able to quickly scan topics that I have already opened. Consider this an impassioned plea. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can't, sorry. vBulletin isn't designed that way. It used icons to mark visited threads instead.

uv23

First Post
Psionicist said:
It is indeed possible, but only "manually", not trough the CP.

Then I'd deffinitely recommend that path and save the modified stylesheet as an override if you need to rebuild the boards. As it stands, mono-color links are a real detriment to usability.

LeeCHeSSS

First Post
Morrus said:
Can't, sorry. vBulletin isn't designed that way. It used icons to mark visited threads instead.

Open your Forum's Control Panel, scroll the left frame all th eway down and click on 'Modify' under the 'Styles' header.

Click on 'Fonts/Colors/etc' of the 'Default' style (unless you are using a custom style ofcourse).

Scroll down to 'Page Layout' Header and edit the entry in the 'Body Tag' editbox.

Voila.

LufiaLillystorm

First Post
Hi Morrus I didn't know you were the adminstrator :p you didn't mention it when I saw you in the chat room.

I have been on a board similar to this and I have neever seen teh thingies change color :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads