D&D 5E For the 1st time: I am the D&D target Audience!

dave2008

Legend
I just responded to a post over in the "Am I no longer WotC's target audience?" thread and I realized something: For the first time in 30+ years of D&D: I am the target audience!

What I mean by this is that I typically just but the core books. I don't buy source books, or splat books (unless it is dragons or deities of course) and I don't run published adventures or settings. I don't typically purchase those things. Yet, in addition to the PHB, MM, & DMG (and not including 3PP) I have purchased:
  • Starter's Set
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen
  • Rise of Tiamat
  • Princes of the Apocalypse
  • Out of the Abyss
  • Storm King's Thunder
  • Tomb of Annihilation
  • Descent into Avernus
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
  • Xanthar's Guide to Everything
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters
  • Mordekainen's Tome of Foes
  • Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica
  • Eberron: Rising from the Last War
And, for the most part, I have really enjoyed my purchases. I am still not running any of the adventures or using any of the campaign settings, but there has almost always been enough content worth the purchase for me. I guess they just hit the right mix of content for me, after 30+ years of trying!

Just thought I would share.

Last edited:

cmad1977

Hero
I haven’t bought that many of the books and it’s pretty clear that I too am the target audience.

What do I have...
Core 3
Curse of Strahd
Dragon Heist

Yeah that’s it. Still... I’ll buy more probably.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Yeah I'm definitely the target audience... every time something is announced, I actively must resist the urge to purchase. It's all so good.

I've bought;

• Starter's Kit
  • The PHB
  • The DMG
  • Curse of Strahd
  • Tomb of Annihilation
  • Dragon Heist
  • Dungeon of the Mad Mage
  • Ghosts of Saltmarsh
  • Essential's Kit

Not every product to be sure, but I've only been playing 5E since for the past two years... so I buy a book every 2-3 months!

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
I just responded to a post over in the "Am I no longer WotC's target audience?" thread and I realized something: For the first time in 30+ years of D&D: I am the target audience!

What I mean by this is that I typically just but the core books. I don't buy source books, or splat books (unless it is dragons or deities of course) and I don't run published adventures or settings. I don't typically purchase those things. Yet, in addition to the PHB, MM, & DMG (and not including 3PP) I have purchased:
  • Starter's Set
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen
  • Rise of Tiamat
  • Princes of the Apocalypse
  • Out of the Abyss
  • Storm King's Thunder
  • Tomb of Annihilation
  • Descent into Avernus
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
  • Xanthar's Guide to Everything
  • Mordekainen's Tome of Foes
  • Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica
  • Eberron: Rising from the Last War
And, for the most part, I have really enjoyed my purchases. I am still not running any of the adventures or using any of the campaign settings, but there has almost always been enough content worth the purchase for me. I guess they just hit the right mix of content for me, after 30+ years of trying!

Just thought I would share.

You are a genious.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases