D&D 5E For the 1st time: I am the D&D target Audience!

hawkeyefan

Legend
I like 5E quite a bit, and I’ve bought a good amount of the books. I haven't picked up any of the last few, but not because I don’t think they look good or won’t be useful. I’m just focusing on homebrew adventures at this point.

Thanks for posting a positive thread! It’s a nice change of pace from the sometimes rampant negativity round here.

I’m pretty satisfied of DnD,
the last UA on classes variant made me believe that they can make the game evolve.
my way of playing DnD have change a lot over the decades. As well as the popularity of the game. In the 80 it was a weirdo game, it is now a trending hobby.
for sure the audience is growing, and I can understand those who feel to receive less attention.
my personal view on DnD has change a lot since 5ed. The importance of role play have grow bigger, and the need to prove something via combat and strategy take less importance. And even if I barely take a look at Critical role streaming I feel that my play is somehow influenced by that style of play.

dnd allow a great variety of playstyle and hopefully there is enough ressource available to support them. « build your game » is one of the mantra of the Dm guide.

gyor

Legend
I've purchased for 5e:

PHB
XGTE
MTOF
VGTM
E: RftLW
WD: DH
WD: DotMM
BG: DiA
Arcadia (PDF, not from WotC)
Odyssey of the Dragonlord books (PDF, Not from WotC)
Scarred Lands (PDF, Not from WotC)
Koryo (PDF, Not from WotC)
5e Arcana of the Ancients series of books (PDFs, not WotC).

And from Chronicles of Darkness 2e:

Changeling the Lost 2e (Hardcover)
Giest: The Sineaters 2e (Hardcover)
Vampire: The Requiem 2e PDF
Werewolf: The Forsaken 2e
Demon: The Descent PDF
Beast: The Primordial PDF
Deviant: the Renegades PDF
Mummy: The Cursed 2e PDF
Contagion Chronicles
Contagion Chronicles Companion PDF (not out yet)
Outbreaks PDF (not out yet)
Dark Eras 1
Dark Eras Companion
Dark Eras 2
Changeling Companion: Oak, Ash, and Thorn PDF (not out yet)
Geist Companion: Memori Memento PDF
Mummy Companion PDF (not out yet)
Deviant Companion PDF (not out yet)
Kith and Kin PDF (not out yet)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Prior to 5E, I bought two books: the 3E PHB and 4E PHB.

I've bought every 5E hardcover except for Acquisitions Incorporated.

So....yeah, same here.
Oh man I recommend the AqInc book very highly, even if you don’t care about the franchise.

the company roles stuff works just fine as nothing more than roles within an adventuring company, the followers and home base stuff are a great addition, etc.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I have most of the 5e books.

I haven't bought dungeon of the mad mage but I am considering it.

The Eberron book I didn't buy in hard copy and I only have on dnd beyond because it was part of the sourcebook bundle.

On the whole, this edition is like every other edition I was into, a massive money sink that I shall continue sinking money into.

Side note, is lost mines of phandelver (spelling?) Found in the starter set? I've heard good things about it and was thinking of getting it.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I have most of the 5e books.

I haven't bought dungeon of the mad mage but I am considering it.

The Eberron book I didn't buy in hard copy and I only have on dnd beyond because it was part of the sourcebook bundle.

On the whole, this edition is like every other edition I was into, a massive money sink that I shall continue sinking money into.

Side note, is lost mines of phandelver (spelling?) Found in the starter set? I've heard good things about it and was thinking of getting it.

Yes, it’s from the Starter Set. It’s a solid adventure.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
I've purchased:

PHB, DMG, MM
Screen Reincarnated, Sword Coast, Starter Set
Volo's, Mordenkainen's (Special Cover)
Ravnica, Eberron (Special Cover)
CoS, ToA, DiA, W: DH, W: DotMM, TotYP, GoS (Special Cover)

Moreover, given retrocompatibility, I've started a collection of COUNTLESS old products via e bay, and COUNTLESS miniatures.

This edition made me want to play D&D again

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases