D&D 4E For the post 4E world, what will your game be?

Drowbane

First Post
I fail to understand the problem here (ok, OP's question).

If you like 4e and want to continue playing / running it... whats to stop you? You don't need corporate sponsorship to game. WotC not supporting *your* D&D? I guess they don't need your $$...

me? I'll be playing 3.5 or the new Hackmaster unless 5e is amazingly good.

pemerton

Legend
I except my 4e campaign will run for a couple more years (at current rate of progression, with level 30 as the endpoint). I'm then hoping to run Burning Wheel, assuming my group agrees.

Will Doyle

Explorer
Well, even in the original poster's sense, we are already "post-4e" as the last 4e product has come out.

DDI is still going though. With a couple of years to wait until 5E's release, there's still a load of magazine content to come (unless Wizards start releasing 5E playtest material in Dungeon and Dragon magazine!)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Well, I'm still not in "post 3.5" world yet, still running a campaign in it. I don't see a "post 4e" world either, unless they turn off 4e DDI. I don't need to buy new product to run or play in games, my 4e games will continue along nicely.

Lots of good games out there. When one of my current games ends, I'll probably push to try something new. Currently 13th Age, Marvel Heroic Roleplay, D&D Next, and Dresden Files are looking promising. (Could also do something else Fate besides Dresden.) Though one of my top five favorite DMs may start up an Eberron game in 2013, and he'd probably want to run it in some edition of D&D.

Really, there's so many good games out there, the question is "what will you have time for next". A word of advice - if all you've played is D&D, give some other systems a try, especially some modern indie games. I'm not saying they are better than D&D, but I will say that they are likely different than D&D. There's no "right" system for all situations. There's the system(s) that are "right" for what you and the others in your group want to play next.

Lots of good games, go forth and enjoy!

Mournblade94

Adventurer
WOTC is releasing the 3rd edition books in september as bound books. I doubt they would let 4e drop off without at least publsihing the books.

Plus at the keynote they sais they are releasing all past products in electronic format. I am sure when 4e becomes past product it will be included.

Remove ads