For those still interested in it... 8b

Chaz

First Post
Just in case anyone out there is still interested in the 8b version of chainmail like I am... here is an updated message about its release.
Name: dguntner
IP Logged: Yes
E-mail: Hidden
Date: 04/21/05 11:31

I got a note from Karl today, he's more swamped than he originally thought he was going to be. He said he should be able to post the Beta 8b module Saturday. If he doesn't, I have permission to post it myself until he *can* post it. So one way or another, you guys will have it soon. :) Hang in there!

--Dave
So not to long now. :)
Not sure if anyone is still here, or has interest, but I said id post an update here when I had one. So here it is. I will post confirmation that it is indeed up as soon as I see it.

Peace

Greylock

First Post
Thanks Chaz.

I was so bummed over losing our server and having to find a new home that I kinda fell by the wayside. Finally able to spend time settin' down for a spell without discomfort, but I don't know where to go anymore. Tales of the Silver Marches and Battledale, and Adventure Island as well, plus others, are failing to satisfy me. Where are you playing again?

Chaz

First Post
I to miss the EnWorld server. Its a real shame that it was dropped. I have been playing in a couple games. But lately I have been playing on a chainmail game.
Look for "Dave's Place" under Story in Gamespy.

Peace

Greylock

First Post
I think folks still traipse through now and then. Kinda like the PlanetNWN forum. No one posts there anymore, but dozens can be found lurking.

Makes me wonder where everyone made off to game-wise. There are some folks, like Morrus, that I figger HAVE to be playing somewhere.

J-Buzz

First Post
I still lurk around...

I have not been playing as much. However when I do I play on either Dave's Place or a POA server I found. Need to remember the name of it, but it has Portals to a bunch of other servers in the module so when you tire of POA you can portal to another server.

Wayfarer

Explorer
I'm still checking too. Just not playing online much. Still trying to finish KotOR in the little spare time I have. And trying to cobble together a network at home...

Dave's Place is the nicest I've found too.

cantrip

Explorer
J-Buzz said:
I still lurk around...

I have not been playing as much. However when I do I play on either Dave's Place or a POA server I found. Need to remember the name of it, but it has Portals to a bunch of other servers in the module so when you tire of POA you can portal to another server.

The adventure realms server?
AR-3 Adventure Realms CEP

I'm trying out Rise of Ascension. It can be reached through one of the portals in AR-3, but it doesn't use the shared vault.

J-Buzz

First Post
cantrip said:
The adventure realms server?
AR-3 Adventure Realms CEP

I'm trying out Rise of Ascension. It can be reached through one of the portals in AR-3, but it doesn't use the shared vault.

Yes that is the server. I will have to try that one out next opp I get.

dpdx

Explorer
I've found a home on The CEP Nexus. Very cool server, I'm guilded now, and I just made my first level 40 PC. I also play on World of Amon 1a, when the Nexus is down for extended periods.

There aren't any item level restrictions on the Nexus - and the drop system is original, hand-coded, and insanely great. Rules are laid out and adhered to, and the storyline is excellent but light.

I've found that Chainmail's too tough to get started in. Once you're making levels, it's fine, but that first 1000 xp takes weeks of constant play. I'll probably never play that system again. And now that I've been on a server without ILR, I can't imagine I'll ever go back.

But I enjoyed the heck out of ENWorld server while it was up.

Anyway, if you're ever on the Nexus, send a tell to "pelican66." My tank can help you out.

Remove ads