Forgotten Realms - forgotten no more?

Faraer

Explorer
Chris Perkins, in a recent interview, said that "Ed is taking the lead on this, and a lot of the work he's doing on the campaign guide is focused on places beyond Faerûn." Bruce is at least partly referring to this.
Mark Hope said:
Yeah, that was the story back in the day.
It's still the case, Bruce is just wordplaying slightly.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Ironic, this retconning. Wasn't the "Forgotten Realms" title derived originally from the Realms being forgotten by modern Earth -- the Realms having once been liked by portals to our own world?

Thats what crossed my mind as well. I bet it won't be anything to do with that though. :(

spades1013

First Post
I'm betting on Impiltur for one. Krash has done a lot of work with it, it was featured heavily in Champions of Ruin and Champions of Valor and a couple of Dragon articles. The Demonlands would be perfect for Tieflings and it's known as "The Forgotten Kingdom".

dystmesis

First Post
I thought by 'forgotten no more', he meant WotC is no longer ignoring forgotten realms it in favor of greyhawk and eberron and will seriously do stuff for it, like they're going to have RPGA FR again, etc.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
dystmesis said:
I thought by 'forgotten no more', he meant WotC is no longer ignoring forgotten realms it in favor of greyhawk and eberron and will seriously do stuff for it, like they're going to have RPGA FR again, etc.

The absolutely huge catalog of FR material for D&D 3x compared to the two whole Greyhawk supplements surely does not indicate that WotC was ignoring FR in favor of Greyhawk. At all. As for Eberron, while it received much love, the 3x FR catalog still surpasses it in number of published products.

Remove ads