Forked Thread: Item Judge

Graf

Explorer
Forked from: [poll] OOC/DM points

Graf said:
We will also have "average # of magic items" "average level of magic items" "average # and level of all items per level"

Actually, you've given me another idea....
Quoting yourself is the height of poor taste but....

I think we ought to have an item judge whose responsibility would be to maintain a google docs spreadsheet with all items awarded to PCs in the game.

The spreadsheet would be public info (so everyone can see it) but edited only by the item judge (and as a backup the other judges)

Key info

• Player name
  • Character name
  • Current level
  • Item
  • Item Level
  • (item gp cost -> same info as item level really)
  • Level the character was when the item was awarded
  • Adventure where item was awarded
  • DM who awarded the item
  • Judge who approved the item
  • If the item was turned into essenia (or whatever its called)
Transparency is our friend. :)

Graf

Explorer
But it would be totally awesome to have a complete sheet. You could do searches, and have a serious conversation about balance, handing out items, etc.

Which characters had a lot of items already and which ones were underpowered (so DMs could easily plan their packets according to the current group's equipment)

You could see which DMs gave out lots, and which gave out less, etc.

And if somebody has 5 items when the average is 2? It's a click or two away....

If it's an annoying job I say we hand out a few OOC points... there are people who are really wizard at spreadsheets, and who could be enticed into doing it, I believe.

covaithe

Explorer
Wouldn't have to be a judge. All you'd need to do is read all the game threads once a week or so, and put the spreadsheet somewhere that other people can access it. Say, google docs. It might not even be that much work.

But you can bet that it's a job that I, for one, will be staying far, far away from. :)

Graf

Explorer
if we have 5 players? little work...

80 players and 10 games? mo' work.

If we wind up with OOC points... we could scale it based on active player base...

(which would mean keeping track of active players....)

we could have a L4W statistician... :)

Remove ads