Forum Suddenly Switched How Named Are Displayed?

Nagol

Unimportant
As of right now, the forum pages are also missing the links to later pages of long threads (i.e. you can't go directly to the last page of a thread anymore).

I have to say that these minor changes are starting to wear on me. I don't like the new name layout (especially in mobile mode) because of the way it breaks up the thread. It's not the end of the world. I was disappointed when the number of views a thread got was no longer visible, but it wasn't a huge deal. Now, to get to the end of a thread I've read most of, I have to click-load-click instead of just click. Individually, none of these are enough to make me stop visiting ENWorld. Collectively, they are a number of small steps in a direction that doesn't please me.

Odd, I still have a "First", 20ish page numbers and "Last" link on long threads.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As of right now, the forum pages are also missing the links to later pages of long threads (i.e. you can't go directly to the last page of a thread anymore).

That happened months ago. It's gratifying that haven't noticed it until today.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
You can still go the first unread post in a thread straight from the list of threads, which is far more useful provided you've been keeping up with a thread as it goes along.

That said, if the go-to-first-unread feature ever goes away it'll be a bloody nuisance.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
How do we know who is a moderator, if they don't have anything in their profile to distinguish them?

A couple of them have their usernames show in green, such as Morrus' name three posts above this one. But they don't all have this, I don't think.

CapnZapp

Legend
I don't think this site is nearly as formal and tight-arsed as some other RPG sites on the NET. A moderator is simply someone who tells you something in red text. (And gets away with doing so... )

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't think this site is nearly as formal and tight-arsed as some other RPG sites on the NET. A moderator is simply someone who tells you something in red text. (And gets away with doing so... )

If you find someone who Morrus has not chosen using colored text (often referred to as "mod voice") for purposes of trying to moderate people's discussion, we ask you to report them immediately.

Because there are some specific powers given to the actual moderators - as folks who try that trick and get caught will find when they get banned by someone actually on the moderating staff.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
How do we know who is a moderator, if they don't have anything in their profile to distinguish them?

Personal opinion:

If I'm not doing anything wrong, I prefer not knowing who the mods are. Conversations are better when you don't put people in strata when reading their posts.
If I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't matter who the mods are. When someone has the ability to bring the smack down, they will.

This is one of the better moderated sites out there in my opinion. The mod staff seems really stable, in terms of tenure if not always actions and as a result even with occasional outbursts of sillyness; the general level of sanity is high and arbitrariness is low. Knowing who a mod is seems useless, because if you're around long enough you figure it out.

KB

CapnZapp

Legend
If you find someone who Morrus has not chosen using colored text (often referred to as "mod voice") for purposes of trying to moderate people's discussion, we ask you to report them immediately.

Because there are some specific powers given to the actual moderators - as folks who try that trick and get caught will find when they get banned by someone actually on the moderating staff.
That's what my () was for, yes.

Remove ads